Plan International Thailand
Job Advertisement: Youth Engagement Officer**
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnership for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, including 14 in Asia.
Position: Youth Engagement Officer
Duty station: Country Office in Asia region
JOB BACKGROUND: The APAC Regional Youth Engagement Officer will support the Influencing & Program Unit in coordinating and supporting regional/national youth engagement initiatives ensuring the meaningful and active participation of youth and children and support the implementation of the APAC Region strategic goals and the delivery of global, regional, country-level youth engagement objectives.
Under the supervision of the Regional Lead for Gender and Inclusion, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring Plan International APAC delivers its commitment to meaningful youth engagement, including through particular projects with partners
This role will support the community of practice of youth led organizations in South Asia in Partnership with UNICEF in particular. This community of practice will comprise of coordination, capacity development, and reporting to UNICEF. It will also support the development of a regional youth advisory forum working together with the youth advisory panels of the APAC country offices.
• Share good youth engagement and empowerment ideas, activities, and materials, and contribute to ensure that there is meaningful engagement within Plan International and partners.
• Develop and coordinate the regional youth advisory forum
• Assist regional teams and work with consultants and other youth engagement focal points, on the development of appropriate meaningful youth engagement procedures and processes, including timely actions to support agreed objectives.
• Support the preparation of youth engagement guidelines in APAC region while offering assistance and recommendations in relation to key youth engagement issues to colleagues in the region.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of capacity building initiatives, including training, for the Community of Practice, in coordination with UNICEF and other identified partners.
• Establish and maintain contacts with counterparts within Plan International and likeminded organizations in order to share information and discuss strategies on meaningful youth engagement in APAC region.
• Handling inquiries coming from COs, NOs and partners, as appropriate.
• Serve as an internal support and connector for staff supporting youth engagement across multiple reporting lines and work streams;
• Develop and implement workplan to deliver joint Plan/UNICEF Project
• Develop and implement strategy for overall meaningful youth engagement in Plan APAC workstreams
• Coordinate and liaise with UNICEF and partners to develop a Community of Practice in South Asia.
• Facilitate and coordinate with the project staff/ advisor and team of project management; – planning/ implementing/ monitoring/ evaluation/ reporting
• Monitor the implementation of activities as per operational and action plans through involvement of all stakeholder in accordance with outlined project proposal
• Collaborate and coordinate with external consultants and partner agencies in ensuring effective implementation of project activities including service delivery. This will entail organizing formal and informal meetings with all stakeholders
• Monitor the progress of the project activities and maintain the progress log in Plan’s reporting system
• Revise and review both progress towards stated activities and output mentioned in the project work plan and a detailed implementation plan as well as financial situations
• Assist in preparing the project’s progress and financial reports and ensure timely submission
• Liaise and develop networks with IOs, NGOs and government agencies for the purposes of information exchange, strategic operations and networking
• Provide supports to all concerned parties as required
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor degree in related fields (International Development, etc).
· Minimum of 1 year experience in developing capacity of youth or youth-led organization.
· Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
· Strong commitment to raising the voices of youth and supporting their decision-making abilities
· Strong commitment to gender equality and inclusion.
· Strong organisational abilities; able to priorities and manage different projects across diverse themes despite competing deadlines.
· Knowledge of youth and adolescent rights, particularly in the APAC Region (experience in work in the development sector would be particularly advantageous).
· Strong experience in outcomes-focused strategic project management
· Ability to work in multiple different cultural contexts and deliver to tight deadline
· Exceptional interpersonal communications,
· Facilitation, Coaching and training, including ability to design and conduct meetings, trainings and related activities. Ability to communicate with youth and children in a positive and non-threatening way, creating space for them to share their views and feel heard
· Budgeting and financial management
· Excellent office computer software