Position: Wildlife Demand Reduction Specialist
Working location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Deadline for submitting CV: December 25th, 2020
Winrock is seeking resumes for the Wildlife Demand Reduction Specialist for the anticipated Vietnam Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT) activity. This position will be based in Vietnam. The anticipated project purpose is to help Vietnam control and stop the current increasingly serious situation of wildlife trafficking, through enhancing the commitment of Government of Vietnam (GVN) leaders at the national and provincial level and reducing demand and consumption of illegal wildlife products.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with additional information on the positions available. These positions do not include ex-pat benefits and require the candidate to be eligible to work in Vietnam without sponsorship from Winrock. Donor-funded project experience required.
Positions are contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Lead project technical direction and activity implementation related to reducing consumer demand for wildlife and wildlife products particularly tiger body, tiger bone, pangolin scale, pangolin body, rhino horn and elephant ivory
- Assess existing literature on domestic and international consumer demand for wildlife and wildlife products trafficked in or through Vietnam and conduct research to fill gaps
- Develop targeted approaches and campaigns specific to various consumer segments and wildlife products (e.g. youth, high net-worth individuals, university students, Chinese tourists or those consuming tiger bone, elephant ivory, etc.)Facilitate relationship-building with the private sector, civil society organizations, and other local stakeholders as allies in reducing consumer demand
- Develop technical reports, training curriculums, presentations, and other materials on reducing consumer demand for project staff, professional bodies, and external stakeholders
- Provide management oversight to project staff and activities related to reducing consumer demand
- Visit project areas regularly to assure progress towards activity objectives and goals
- Support and monitor the implementation of annual work plans and progress report preparation, monitoring all deliverables and contribute to monitoring performance indicators
- Support knowledge management and continued project learning across all stakeholders
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the project leadership and Winrock’s Home Office
Minimum Experience Required:
- Five years of team leader experience in Vietnam
- Advanced degree in biology, environment, public health, policy, management or related field
- Extensive knowledge of drivers of domestic and transnational consumer demand for wildlife and wildlife products in Vietnam particularly tiger body, tiger bone, pangolin scale, pangolin body, rhino horn and elephant ivory
- Experience developing and implementing social behavior change communication (SBCC) approaches in CWT including identify desired behavior changes, target audiences, key messages, and messaging platforms
- Experience conducting formative research related to CWT including consumer surveys and key informant interviews to determine motivations and values of those consuming wildlife and wildlife products
- Knowledge of use of digital platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, WhatsApp, WeChat)
- Strong relationships and networks in the Vietnam CWT community including with private sector champions and influencers
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written. Native fluency in Vietnamese
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with the right qualifications and motivation are invited to apply for your appropriate position no later than December 25, 2020 at the following link:
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất