Chemonics seeks a various WASH technical positions for the USAID South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (GASWASH) Activity proposal. This five-year, $25-50 million project aims to expand gender-transformative sustainable access to basic safe drinking water, basic sanitation coverage, and increase uptake of key hygiene behaviors to improve health and household resilience. Please note that all positions are based in Juba, South Sudan and are contingent upon program award. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical oversight of project components
- Foster leadership, resource contributions, and coordination among county and state level actors in the planning and oversight of WASH activities
- Strengthen private sector engagement in WASH service delivery
- Collaborate with state and county institutions to develop Community-led Total Sanitation (CLTS) campaigns and increase adoption of key WASH behaviors
- Ensure that women and youth are engaged and empowered in the WASH sector, both in government and private sector roles
- Support monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and quality assurance/continuous quality improvement of activity design, coordination, and implementation
- Advanced degree related to international development, WASH or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in WASH and/or related sectors (e.g., local governance strengthening, private sector engagement, social and behavior change); USAID experience preferred
- WASH technical experience and knowledge preferred (e.g., borehole drilling, water quality testing, operations, and maintenance)
- Experience in conflict-affected contexts required; experience in South Sudan preferred
- In-depth knowledge of gender-transformative, conflict-sensitive, and youth empowerment approaches
- Experience tracking program objectives, reporting on outcomes and analyzing data to contribute to continual adaptive management of implementation
- Fluency in English is required
How to apply
Application Instructions: Please complete the application and submit a CV, cover letter, and contact information by February 26, 2021 through this form: USAID/South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable WASH Activity Various Technical Roles (smartsheet.com)
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted. More information about Chemonics International can be found at www.chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.