Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : VN/ID10/2021/009
Position Title : Executive Assistant (to COM)
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : COM Office
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G-7
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed-Term contract with possibility of extension (the first six months period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
Report to : Chief of Mission
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 March 2021
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the Executive Assistant provides a consistently high standard of professional support to the chief of Mission in order to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Chief of Mission’s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
Exhibiting discretion, mature judgement, and strong written and spoken communication skills, the Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with key elements of the Country Office, including the Senior Resource Management Officer and the Resource Management Unit, National Partnership & Liaison Officer, members of the Senior Management Team, press and public information as well as programme support functions.
The Executive Assistant plays a key role in the public profile of IOM in Indonesia and is a central focal point for external partners of the Chief of Mission including UN Agencies and national authorities toward ensuring efficient flow of information, responsiveness and follow-up actions on instructions, agendas and commitments.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Management of the Chief of Mission’s office, facilitating an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the Country Office team;
- Efficient and discreet management of the Chief of Mission’s schedules, managing administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Chief of Mission including drafting of background notes;
- Act as liaison for the Mission with the Office of the United Nations Resident Coordinator and the agencies of the UNCT;
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues and commitments; follow-up with relevant thematic focal points within the Mission;
- Screening of all incoming communications; organize, coordinate and prioritize outgoing correspondence for Chief of Mission’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff;
- Support regular and systematic outreach and external communications needs of the Country Office through maintenance of key government, UN and diplomatic contact lists; coordinate appropriate dissemination of Mission products, advocacy notes and reporting;
- Draft routine correspondence, inter-unit circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested; facilitate translation of correspondence and materials when required;
- Support Chief of Mission in general administrative matters of the Mission and be responsible for overall adherence to all protocol matters including on correspondence guidelines for the Country Office team when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Maintenance of the filing system for the Office of Chief of Mission, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, maintenance of contacts, and including the development and use of automated filing and office management systems;
- Coordination of the information flow within the Country Office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Chief of Mission;
- Support information management for the Chief of Mission and key management processes, such as maintenance of programme status reports, best practices, lessons learned; ensuring availability of materials on SharePoint and relevant web-based nodes, and compilation of information for resource mobilization and communications officers;
- Monitor key political and thematic developments in Indonesia of relevance to IOM, and support the organization of advocacy events if required;
- Other relevant duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in business administration, management, government, law or a related field with at least five years of relevant professional experience, or;
- Completed high school diploma with at seven years of relevant experience and training in clerical, secretarial and administrative support functions.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge of the work and functions of international and diplomatic organizations, particularly in matters of protocol and office administration.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of working experience in progressively responsible professional positions in secretarial, administrative, or diplomatic support functions is required at the national or international level.
- Strong organizational abilities, written and verbal communications capacities are required.
- Strong understanding of office management; and experience within the UN system or international organizations is desirable.
- Excellence in the use of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in web-based management systems.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply: