The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The project “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to Protect the Marine Environment and Coral Reefs” supports the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member states in the improvement of implementation capacities for reducing land-based waste leakage to protect the seas. The project outcome includes four output areas. Based on the “ASEAN Framework of Action on Marine Debris” the regional cooperation and knowledge management among the ASEAN working groups will be enhanced. The second area of activity focuses on the development of national measures for waste leakage reduction within the focal ASEAN member states (Indonesia, Philippines, Viet Nam and Cambodia) as well as their transmission to strategies on local level. The third area of activity focuses on involving the private sector to develop approaches for waste leakage reduction along the value chain. Pilot projects along the value chain from sustainable consumption to enhanced waste collection and recycling will be implemented in a fourth area of activity in selected municipalities.
- The incumbent gives technical input on solid waste leakage into the ocean and waste prevention and management on regional level (ASEAN working groups and facilities) and supports the transition in national and local policies within Indonesia.
- Provides advisory for the private sector, e.g. hosting exchange formats, giving technical inputs for plastic value chains and reducing plastic in products/packaging.
- Implements daily operational aspects of all issues to waste management within the project framework.
Professional advisory services
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of regional and national workshops, (virtual) seminars and other activities on the improvement of waste leakage into the ocean
- Formulates terms of reference, select and supervision of external support (consultants) assignments to act as trainers/experts for selected research studies, workshop and/or training events
- Provides inputs/review & backstopping of policy papers and research studies developed in the frame of project context
Coordination and cooperation
- Assists with general project planning and develop project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Ensures knowledge transfer of project information
- Provides background research and strategy formulation within the project area
- Documents the entire process in the project to become knowledge product
- Draft reports and presentation documents
- Supports in preparing appropriate input, confirmation of data for various project reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by GIZ Head Office
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the project leader
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
- Masters/similar degree in Engineering (Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering), Environmental Science or other relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience related to the fields of waste management, circular economy
- Knowledge of waste management and the Indonesian waste policy framework
- Experience in cooperation with the public and private sector
- Networks into both public and private sectors in Indonesia regarding waste management, and recycling
- Experience in international cooperation and/or German cooperation
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent communication skills and spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
- High proficiency with/ excellent command of MS Office
- Strong organisational competence with good coordination skills
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Reputation of integrity, credibility and firmness
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: November 2020
Direct Supervisor: Project leader of 3RproMar Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4th, 2020 with subject line 3RproMar – Technical Advisor
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified