Job description – Study Officer, V-RESIST Study
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia and is recognized as one of the leading research institutions for respiratory diseases and sleep disorders. Operating in Vietnam since 2009, we have undertaken large operational, epidemiological and clinical research projects and run training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. The Woolcock Institute has three research centres and offices in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Ca Mau. Currently we directly employ about 50 full-time staff and coordinates multiple study projects within lung health management and treatment across eleven provinces. We also expand research activity to other fields including antimicrobial resistance.
For more information about us, please visit:
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, Australia: http://www.woolcock.org.au/
Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam: http://www.woolcockvietnam.org/
We are recruiting a highly motivated and experienced Study Officer to participate in the pilot and implementation of the VRESIST study, which aim to prevent the antimicrobial resistance in Vietnam.
Location: Hanoi with possibility of domestic travel
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension. This position will be on full time basis.
- To work with a study manager closely and also with whole V-RESIST study team throughout the study.
- To contribute to all aspects of the study based on the discussion with a study manager (document preparation, data collection, data entry, analysis etc.) focusing on antimicrobial resistance in health care facilities
- To engage with relevant stakeholders and closely monitor the implementation of the project activities.
- To prepare and participate in all workshops, trainings and meetings related to the V-RESIST study.
V-RESIST Study Manager
Country Director, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam
Principal Investigator, A/Prof Greg Fox
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen key relationships with collaborative partners in assigned areas
- Planning and executing the research study
- Participate in relevant training of the study and get certificates as needed
- Participate in SOP development and revision
- Support the procurement of consumables to serve the study implementation
- Study implementation accountability
- To learn and fully understand the study protocols and procedures.
- To work with partners to recruit target group/participants into the study and conduct study activities in the field.
- To create and maintain relations with partners for Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in general and in the field.
- To collect qualitative and quantitative data in the field as required, ensure that the protocol is strictly followed.
- To complete data forms accurately and timely as required (or to ensure it in case partners conduct the study).
- To fill soft and hard copies of study data as required.
- Financial accountability
- Fulfilling financial responsibilities delegated according to project financial procedures
- Establishing effective procurement control and asset management in delegated study areas
- Assisting in oversight of budget, audit and financial accounting in delegated study areas
- Ensure efficient expenditure of resources
- Ensuring appropriate financial control processes are followed
- To communicate and report any issues occurred in the field timely with the project manager for solutions.
- To participate in report development by providing comments and inputs.
- To communicate with the project manager and the Chief Investigators on data collection process, results and issues if occurred.
- To work closely with the project manager, the Country Director, and Chief Investigators
- To perform other duties if required.
- Ability to work within a team and to organise it
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational management skills
- Strategic planning
- A motivator with good listening skills
- Focused, but flexible approach
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese
- Degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Public Health or health-related field.
- Knowledge and experiences in antimicrobial resistance is highly preferred.
- Experience in engaging with government and/or non-government partners, especially in health care sector
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English or Vietnamese and scanned copies of your related degrees, no later than 30/10/2021 by submitting the application form in the link as follows:
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 30/10/2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Organisation Name: Woolcock
Application Deadline: Sat, 2021-10-30