Chief of Branch, Strategic Communications
OCHA (The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs) is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principles humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
- Leads, supervises and carries out the work programme of the Branch under his/her responsibility.
- Co-ordinates and oversees the preparation of reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies Ensures consistency of OCHA’s public position by managing messaging across media and digital platforms
- Reports to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/ substantive issues.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Branch maintain high-quality standards.
- Prepares work programme of the Branch, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
- Undertakes or oversees the programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Branch. (Read more)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in journalism, communications, political or social sciences or related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in public information, communications, advocacy, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field is required.
- Experience in managing large and diverse teams is required.
- Experience in public speaking is required.
- Experience advising senior leaders on strategic communications activities is desirable.
- Experience in leading change management of a diverse team is desirable.
- Experience with contemporary media technologies such as social media platforms, web-based and interactive media mechanisms or similar, for use in the field of public affairs is desirable.
- Experience in humanitarian affairs and a field operations, is desirable.
Deadline: April 17th, 2021
Location: New York
For more information and position details, clicK HERE
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất