Assistant Level AL-2
Kosovo Specialist Chambers/ Division of Administration/ Human Resources Unit
Security Clearance Level:
EU SECRET or equivalent
Open to Contributing Third States:
The Staff Administrative Assistant reports to the Human Resources Officer.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To advise and assist the staff and interns of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office concerning Human Resources policies and procedures;
· To contribute to the development, implementation and review of the Human Resources strategies, policies and procedures;
· To advise the staff and interns on their benefits and entitlements in accordance with the established policies;
· To advise the staff and interns regarding the health insurance policy, and to be their point of contact for any health insurance matters;
· To process leave, home travel, other staff requests checking eligibility and compliance with the established policies and procedures, including necessary update of the respective databases/systems;
· To enter and update records in all personnel related databases/ERP system and to manage the physical files of staff and interns;
· To coordinate timely the performance evaluation process and renewal of contract/extension of tour of duty exercises for the staff and maintain relevant records;
· To coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, including Line Managers, the deployment of selected candidates, redeployment and check-in/out of staff members and interns;
· To prepare accurately the employment contracts, internship agreements and their amendments/annexes;
· To calculate the payroll, entitlements, leave balance of staff and interns in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the established policies and procedures;
· To draft the decision/information memoranda, communication to staff and interns on all personnel related matters and to be responsible for their accuracy;
· To plan and organise the relevant training/briefings for staff and interns;
· To assist in the handling of all special projects related to personnel issues;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· A level of secondary education attested by a diploma
· A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
Specification of Education and Experience:
· A minimum of seven (7) years of responsible professional full-time experience in personnel administration/financial matters, in particular calculation of payroll/staff entitlements;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written;
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access);
· Excellent drafting skills;
· Tact, accuracy with an eye for details and discretion;
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure and in difficult circumstances;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and/or cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
· Knowledge of the functioning of the EU and in particular CSDP Missions;
· Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo;
· International experience, particularly with multi-national and international organisations;
· Experience with SharePoint.
How to apply
Citizenship – The candidates must have Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
- For candidates from the EU Member States:
The online Application Form (Annex 2), including its Addendum (Annex 3 to be filled in manually and uploaded), shall be submitted via one of the following links:
1.1. For candidates seconded by their EU Member State:
1.2. For contracted candidates from EU Member States:
- For candidates from the Third Contributing States:
The Application Form (Annex 2), available on both the EEAS website and the website of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office, shall be sent to one of the following email addresses only:
2.1. For candidates seconded by their Third Contributing State:
Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC)
2.2. For contracted candidates from the Third Contributing States:
· Only one application form per applicant will be accepted, the latest received within the deadline or the one submitted through the National Authorities being given a priority. You can, however, apply for up to three positions using the same application form, also indicating your order of priority;
· The application form must be completed in English;
· Please ensure that every section of the form is completed accurately, as your application will be evaluated on the completeness and accuracy of all information provided by you in the application form;
· Applicants should assess, before submitting their application form, whether they fulfil all the requirements for admission laid down in the job description;
· Applicants from the EU Member States with queries relating to the online Application Form and/or encountering technical problems, should address their queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
· Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection procedure in due course by e-mail.
· Here is the link to the Privacy Notice.