Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Sr Program Officer
Department: Technical Strategy & Innovation (TSI)
Location: Preferably Switzerland – Geneva
Reports To: Director Technical Strategy, (Catalyzing COVID Actions Project Director)
Direct Reports: Direct Report Titles – if applicable
Classification: Full Time
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Sr Program Officer will support the Catalyzing COVID Action ( CCA) Project. Through the CCA project, EGPAF will support generation of novel evidence on COVID service model and new therapeutics to inform policy guidelines and further scale up; introducing effective and innovative models of care to improve detection of covid-19 cases, increase uptake and access to COVID 19 care and treatment; creating enabling policy and regulatory environment at national, and sub-national levels to support introduction and scale-up of effective and innovative Covid-19 diagnostic and treatment interventions ; and ensuring the sustainability of services in three countries , Cameroon, Zimbabwe and Kenya. This one-year project has been approved for funding by Unitaid and aims to improve the morbidity and mortality associated with COVID 19 in these countries.
The Sr Program Officer will be a key member of the global project team, with staff located in Geneva, Washington-DC and regionally in Africa. The global team will provide oversight, strategic vision, and support to effectively implement the project and ensure coordination with EGPAF’s existing program portfolio. The Sr Program Officer will provide support to HQ and country teams in the project implementation and monitoring.
Strong communication skills, the ability to work well with multiple global and country teams, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities will be key qualifications for this role. This individual will also be responsible for providing high quality program and operations support to country teams, and coordinating multiple operational and programmatic components. The successful candidate will have experience supporting complex multi-country projects, as well as, the ability to translate lessons from country implementation to a global context.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title?
· Support the CCA_ Project Director, and other senior CCA team members at global and country levels to design, plan, and implement the project;
· With the CCA_ Project Director, serve as a key focal point and institutional resource for program implementation;
· Support and facilitate the development of annual and semi-annual updating of country operational plans and budgets,
· Lead the development of technical and programmatic reports to Unitaid; as well as internal EGPAF reports
· Support monitoring of implementation, timelines, grant spending, and disbursement for CCA-Project
· Support country teams in use of data for decision making and ensuring program results;
· Lead strategic information sharing, communication, connection, and coordination between global teams and country teams;
· Lead the development of the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the program
· Provide support for the production of power point presentations and other public presentations of the project
· Contribute to the development of high-quality communication material with active coordination with the global project teams for content, and the EGPAF External Affairs team for product design and development
To be successful, you will have:
· Graduate degree required; graduate degree in health, development or international relations preferred
· At least 7 years professional experience, experience working with HIV or TB or other infection diseases preferred; experience working with NGOs and donors preferred
· Strong communication and writing skills
· Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and efficiently provide support and assistance to colleagues
· Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, take initiative, and follow-through, and demonstrated ability to work well independently with deadlines
· Fluent in English with excellent English writing skills, good mastery of French will be an advantage
· Ability to travel up to 30% of time annually conditions allow
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of underrepresented communities.
EGPAF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com.