Social Behaviour Change & Communications Coordinator- Moroto
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Social Behaviour Change & Communications Coordinator, at our field Office in Moroto.The Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) Coordinator; with the guidance from the SBC Advisor will work to ensure quality coordination of implementation of the SBC strategies and interventions. The SBC Coordinator will ensure that, all the SBC interventions support the achievement of Apolou Activity thematic areas i.e. governance, maternal and child health & nutrition, WASH, adolescent health, gender and youth, and livelihood targets. The position will ensure that, all deliverables related to SBC interventions are achieved in a timely fashion; and key lessons learned and best practices captured based on the state of art SBC practices. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Public Health, social sciences or related field or equivalent accrued working experience (1-3 years), on related field and demonstrated experience in implementation of community projects and working in field-based teams.
- A good knowledge working with and through local existing structures i.e. community leaders, cultural leaders, youth/ women’s associations, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in multi-cultured environment with people from diverse beliefs and cultural backgrounds.
- Skills in implementation and use of behavioural change communication strategy to drive behaviour adoption is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor Apolou partner staff and community structures on interpersonal communication (IPC) and participatory group facilitation skills and strategies is desired.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate implementation of SBC activities including behaviour change campaigns, community engagement and experiential activities in Uganda; prior experience working in Karamoja sub-region highly desired.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communication skills is required.
- Demonstrates Save the Children’s core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, ambition, and creativity.
- Willingness to be based at the duty station (in Karenga district) is a must.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link **** indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 4th May 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.