Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract.?The scope of the five-year activity is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI is seeking a national consultant to serve as a Research Specialist Consultant to provide review and technical advice, contributing to the development and implementation of studies, assessments, and performance evaluations conducted for USAID/Vietnam. This position will report to the Research Director.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply.**
- Provide support/assistance for the research team to coordinate all of the research works, including research trackers: timeline, deliverable tracker, budget tracker, and knowledge management tracker, and reports to USAID.
- Provide administrative and technical support to conduct, coordinate and manage Disability Baseline Study and Disability Follow-up Evaluation.
- Provide administrative and technical support to conduct, coordinate and manage HIV case study.
- Provide technical inputs and project management support for the development of relevant reports and two pagers under Disability Baseline Study and Disability Follow-up Evaluation and HIV study.
- Provide administrative and technical support to manage and organize validation events, utilization, and other relevant events.
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Research Director.
Timeline: October 2022 to May 2023
Level of effort: up to 13 days/month
- MA/MS degree in international development, research, social sciences, public policy, or related fields and at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods (preferably experience with both)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to transform highly technical content into easy-to-understand deliverables for general audiences.
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Proven experience managing research teams and reviewing research deliverables to produce high quality and useful results.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and independently.
- Willingness to work closely with team members.
- Familiarity with USAID preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel, is required.
The closing date for application: September 22, 2022. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications, motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.