The DRR/ER MEAL Project Officer is a member of DRR&ER team and primarily responsible for the MEAL activities of the DRR/CCA Project in Ca Mau. The MEAL Officer is responsible to monitor and measure the project’s outputs, outcomes and impacts are achieved according to the agreed indicators, to facilitate capturing lessons learned in the implementation of different project activities and ensure lessons learned are integrated in program or project development, contribute in establishing feedback mechanism to gather information from beneficiaries and partners concerning their views about our program.
Key Area 1: Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Develop Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and tools/approaches for project monitoring which comply with SCI Quality Framework on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in close consultation with the project managers, country office MEAL Manager
- Develop beneficiary tracking database, data collection and reporting tools to capture longitudinal baseline, intervention, and follow-up data on beneficiaries and program activities.
- Monthly compile and clean beneficiary database and ensure that the database is up to date with beneficiaries’ status.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken as planned
- Provide technical support to partners staff regarding MEAL activities to ensure quality data collection in a timely manner
- Provide regular analysis and recommendations of the project progress based in the database as required
- Lead implementation of assessments and surveys, including baseline, end-line, and assessment tools covering relevant project indicators as needed
- Undertake field visits to monitor progress and support monitoring and evaluation activities
- Take part in documenting case studies and best practices
- Support Project Manager in preparing relevant reports (regular internal and donor reports)
- Work closely with the team to share information and support timely implementation.
Key Area 2: Accountability
- Work closely with project/program team to ensure all project/program staffs, including SCI’s and partner’s staff, to fully understand and promote accountability in general and to children and beneficiaries in particular, through training and coaching.
- Work with country office MEAL Team to establish an effective feedback and response mechanism functioning at the project implementation levels.
- Lead and/or support for investigation of the complaints and feedback as and when needed.
- Based on analysis of complaints, make appropriate recommendation to line management.
Key Area 3: Learning:
- Participate in the Project Management Board meeting as per required and facilitate the Learning component as one of project outcomes.
- Promote learning throughout the organization, particularly on issues of project quality, policy analysis and advocacy. Ensure new analysis and information is constantly available.
- Co-ordinate with project staff to ensure that lessons learned are properly documented and are incorporated into project implementation and design.
- Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments, research and learning in co-ordination and cooperation with project staff.
- Meet with local partners and the project management board on a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation;
- Contribute to maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation;
Emergency Preparedness and responses
- Be one of the core members of the Emergency Response team of SCI Vietnam.
- Ready to be deployed in case of emergency response
- Attend ER when requested.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, social work, environment or related fields.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least two years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields.
- At least two years’ experience in project MEAL work
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations.
- Strong skills in data analyses (both qualitative and quantitative data) using suitable packages (STATA, SPSS for quantitative data, and NVivo or MAXQDA for qualitative data)
- Skills in data visualization is desirable.
- Skills in database management is desirable.
- Having research background is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Well organized and good experience of effective budget monitoring, developing and management.
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Excellent ability to meet tight deadlines accurately and on time
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Prior experience working with Save the Children and familiarity with organization’s policies and procedures will be an advantage.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found here.
Closing Date for Application: 12th January, 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất