As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Initiative Global Solidarity (IGS) is a global project with project locations in Bangladesh, Cambodia and Viet Nam. In Viet Nam it works closely with the regional FABRIC project that supports the Asian textile industry in its transformation towards fair production for people and the environment. The IGS aims at empowering companies to setup effective due diligence systems in their supply chains. While consumer increasingly demand sustainability violations in global value chains remain because producers and buyers often lack the required capacities.
The IGS will foster industry wide dialogue to develop and pilot models of shared responsibility and in-house and industry-wide complaint mechanisms. The project will also establish a Responsible Business Hub to act as a helpdesk for producers in setting up due diligence processes and match them with qualified service providers. The project will initially focus on the textile, garment and footwear industry but later extend to a second to be determined sector.
The project is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Project Officer for Private Sector Development
Duty station: Hanoi, Viet Nam
Duration: 01 December 2021 (or earlier) until 30 November 2023 with possibility for extension.
- Identification of potential collaboration areas and partners for project interventions, including international fashion brands.
- Develop Terms of Reference and technically managing international and national consultants to ensure highest quality and cooperation.
- Preparation, coordination, and implementation of project activities
- Work closely with partners of IGS and FABRIC in the implementation of cooperation and facilitate the implementation of (joint) interventions.
- Maintaining close coordination with the other project officers in the global team to develop common activities and realise synergies.
- Organize projects’ national events such as launching workshops, consultation conference and meetings.
- Regularly review and provide updates on the country political, social and economic environment, provide inputs to guide projects interventions.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and management within GIZ regional team.
- On behalf of management, represents sectoral in dealing with partner organizations and government officers.
- Assures project monitoring and regularly updating information on project progress and the status of results.
- University degree in international business administration, economics, political or cultural science, textile, environmental and social management, or another relevant field of expertise.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in related fields of work, preferably in due diligence consultancy and/or work in the textile, garment and footwear industry.
- Strong project management skills and experience with the initiation, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of projects and other project management tasks.
- Strong networking capability.
- Experience in working with the private sector.
- Established network in the textile, garment and footwear sector is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in working on capacity development of textile, garment and footwear production facilities and working with service providers is considered an asset.
- Expertise with due diligence issues of the Vietnamese textile, garment and footwear sector such as shared responsibility approaches and complaint mechanisms as well as governance mechanism and institutions involved in its enforcement.
- Pro-active and self-driven individual.
- High-level proficiency of oral and written English and Vietnamese.
- Solid computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong critical, analytical thinking and structured working abilities. Strong work ethic.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 10th October 2021.
Note: Please state “Application for Project Officer for Private Sector Development “IGS” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in the GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
Organisation Name: GIZ
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-10