Position Title: Project Manager Financial Software / ERP system (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 18 months
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation
registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and
the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Manager for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration
with, and under the supervision of, the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the management
of the implementation of a financial and accounting software (ERP system) in all of DRI’s offices
(headquarters in Berlin and seven country offices: Tunisia, Libya, Lebanon, Pakistan, Sri Lanka,
Myanmar, Ukraine). DRI is currently in the process of identifying a suitable software solution. A working group consisting of seven experienced colleagues has been formed in order to support the project manager in decision-making and in support to deliver outputs.
- Manage and drive the preparation, selection, implementation and roll-out of a financial software
and ERP system at DRI, while maintaining a holistic view of DRI’s organisational processes,
goals and IT strategy;
- Adhere to the project workplan to ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met;
- Identify, define and develop the key financial and operational processes that will be integrated
into – and enhanced by – the selected software;
- Determine the necessary criteria to be met by the software based on company-wide analysis
- Lead the discussions and negotiations with software providers during the selection phase;
- Ensure a smooth roll-out for all stakeholders (e.g., effectively manage data migration, perform
functional tests of the software with key users, develop and lead training sessions, act as the
SPOC for the service provider);
- Planning and monitoring of the project budget during the implementation and roll-out phases;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of demonstrable IT project management experience;
- Very good technical knowledge of project management tools and methods;
- Demonstrable experience implementing a financial/accounting software or ERP system for a
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and cost accounting, financial closing and reporting;
- Strong knowledge of global operational business processes;
- Experience generating reports and communicating findings to internal and external
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German.
- Knowledge of French is an asset;
- Experience with not-for-profit sector and grant management is an asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, travel health insurance,
vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of
Berlin, where everybody is on a first name basis with one another.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here.
This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 22 November 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has
been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender (including
pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status,
political opinion (except extremism), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany
Data processing of personal data in third countries will not take place. We process your data in
accordance with the provisions of § 26 German Federal Data Protection Act. More information about