As a leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implement projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. We understand that behind each development project there is a human story. For this reason, our people-centred approach ensures that the projects we implement deliver the best possible outcome in terms of socially-inclusive growth and poverty reduction, and have a sustainable and measurable impact on people’s lives.
To strengthen our team in Governance and Economic Development, we are looking for a
Project Manager Finance (m/f/d)
to start as soon as possible based at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main) or working remotely.
As Project Manager Finance you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial backstopping of on-going projects in the field of Governance and Economic Development. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for project set-ups and for backstopping missions and short-term expert assignments.
- You support the development of financial proposals at tender stage
- You ensure the financial project set-up in the project country and in headquarters
- You exchange with clients, beneficiaries, consortium partners and experts during project implementation
- You contract experts and local staff and you are responsible for processing their invoices
- You ensure compliance of project procedures according to GOPA and client specifications
- You prepare the invoices to the client (including expenditure verification audits)
- You undertake project missions with the aim of measuring project progress and supporting the project team on site
- You ensure a proper financial closure of projects
What we offer:
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible wherever we operate.
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg´s railway station, enabling quick and easy access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
- Fringe benefits: GOPA offers an RMV job ticket and job-bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio and day care for your children, to mention a few.
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements, including flexible working hours, mobile or telework.
- Relevant academic degree (business administration or equivalent) or a commercial training degree with a financial background
- Business fluent in English
- German, French or Spanish language skills are an asset
- Strong analytical skills regarding budget planning, project implementation and budget monitoring
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package, knowledge of an ERP system is an asset
- Relevant experience in the financial and administrative management of (development) projects required
- High interest in figures and the constant improvement of department results
- Experience in donor procedures and requirements, e.g. EU and GIZ, is considered as a strong asset