Founded in 2018, Forestwise is a market access player for various rainforest products that can be used as ingredients for the food and cosmetic industries. The company operates from the Netherlands (sales office) and Indonesia, where it owns their own factory (PT Forestwise Wild Keepers) in Sintang, West Kalimantan.
Forestwise’ mission is to stop deforestation in Borneo in close collaboration with communities living near the rainforests, by developing a market for sustainable, wild-harvested and valuable rainforest products. Forestwise creates alternative sources of income from crops such as illipe nuts, kukui nuts, coconuts, arenga sugar, and wild forest beeswax. The company aims to maximize the financial benefit for the farmers as an incentive for them to continue conserving the forest.
Forestwise sells the rainforest products to overseas markets mainly, through a worldwide distribution network. They plan to increase the number of hectares of rainforest protected and increase the income of the communities by scaling up production and adding new processing equipment, lowering overall production cost. This should allow Forestwise to offer their products at even more competitive prices and enter new markets.
Related to these scale up plans, Forestwise is looking for a project manager to oversee several projects that were recently initiated to create an investment case, such as time-keeping, monitoring hired consultants and making sure they finalise their deliverables in a timely manner and managing several projects that are currently running at the Forestwise factory in Sintang, such as obtaining the necessary permits for producing cosmetic products.
- A team of motivated colleagues that are passionate about forests
- Working at an innovative company that likes a challenge
- Being part of the solution 🙂
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties to ensure the project are completed in a timely fashion and within budget
- Ensure that all deliverables are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate to management on any potential issues immediately
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g., government, private sector, NGOs, donors)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Facilitate and ensure high quality project deliverables
- Report on monthly basis or more to the relevant stakeholders (e.g., the management, donors, etc.)
- Undergraduate/graduate degree from reputable university, majoring in Business Administration/Management/Forestry/Agriculture/other relevant majors
- Minimum 5 years of professional working experience in the community development field involving project management activity as well as multi-partner coordination in rural settings
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable working/visiting remote location
- Experience working with communities in rural areas
- Demonstrate ability to assess, supervise, and coordinate technical work in rural setting
- Highly self-motivated, detail oriented and passionate about responsibilities
- Ability to accurately collect information, do analysis and create report
- Good presentation skills
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English, both in speaking and writing
- Able to operate Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com by 9/23/2022