Malteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001 and currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. Malteser International strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
Since 2003 Malteser International is active in northern Rakhine State and since 2005 in central Rakhine State. In northern Rakhine State, a comprehensive program in the sectors Health and WASH as well as relief assistance after disasters is implemented. It includes basic health care services, services related to mother and child health, measures for the control of communicable diseases such as malaria and TB as well as WASH activities focusing on improved access to safe water and sanitation. Since the August 2017 conflict, the program had to be adapted to the post-conflict context with limited access and reduced implementation. In central Rakhine State the program focuses on community-based disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation including WASH and construction of infrastructure.
In support of our work in northern and central Rakhine State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a Program Coordinator (m/f/d).
As Program Coordinator, you will be in charge for the post-conflict transition planning, management and coordination of the overall program and its adjustment to the changing context based on Malteser Internationals strategy. You will be responsible to supervise and guide the program team in northern Rakhine State to plan, rebuild and implement the program as well as support the partner organization in central Rakhine State in its implementation. Furthermore, you will be responsible to oversee the different departments and to ensure a good communication and effective workflow among them.
- Overall coordination and supervision of the projects and the program office in northern Rakhine State including staff, fixed assets, financial assets and other resources in accordance with Malteser procedures and regulations
- · Monitor the dynamic, challenging humanitarian situation and consider strategic and immediate responses in cooperation with the Country Coordinator and HQ
- Develop local strategies according to the humanitarian and development context and Malteser International’s sectoral focus as well as set program priorities in close coordination with the Country Office and HQ, Cologne
- Adjust program to context and set-up new or follow-on projects in northern and central Rakhine State (writing proposal, logframe and budget for donors)
- Monitoring, planning and implementation of program/project activities according to approved plans and budgets (monitoring of objectives as well as performance and output related indicators) and adjust if needed
- Ensure proper and regular reporting according to donor and Malteser standards
- Ensure correct utilisation of Malteser and donor procurement guidelines and supply chain management forms as well as Malteser internal guidelines on HR procedures, finance (budget control, review and compliance) and administration
- Represent the Malteser program/projects and build and maintain good relations with local communities, national authorities, international and national organisations represented in the target area
- Maintain and adapt security and safety guidelines and ensure that all staff are informed regularly
- 8-10 years working experience in humanitarian aid / development projects in complex and remote conflict/post-conflict contexts, minimum 5 years working experience in coordinating role (experience in Myanmar is an asset)
- Proven experience in planning and coordinating conflict-sensitive multi-sector programmes, including health care, WASH and relief projects
- Sound and up to date knowledge of standards, methodologies and techniques, including ‘do no harm’, CHS, participatory methodologies, core mainstreaming topics
- Strong international project management skills and experience including project proposal development, logical framework, monitoring and report writing
- Strong experience in working with German (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Federal Foreign Office) and international donors (GF, WFP, etc.)
- A good understanding of logistics and experience in budget management
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners, authorities, and donors
- Excellent ability to lead, motivate and strengthen teams in a complex multi-cultural environment and build an inclusive and positive team spirit
- Highly organised, with planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in remote management and high flexibility in responding and adapting to fluctuating situations
- Physical and mental strength, readiness to live in a remote environment
- Fluent English language proficiency (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in using standard software packages as Microsoft Office
- Start Date: April 2021
- Duty Station: Maungdaw, northern Rakhine State
- Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house possible, 30 vacation days
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a committed and supportive team
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/3rr9K7M.
Please submit your application (CV, meaningful letter of motivation and 3 references) until February 26th, 2021.**
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
D-50825 Cologne / Germany