Brewing Change: Women’s Empowerment in Communities in Indonesia
About Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia (YMCI) is a local Indonesian non-profit organization, which implements humanitarian and development assistance programs throughout the country. YMCI’s mission is to empower people in Indonesia to become healthy, productive, and resilient communities. Resilience means an ability to recover form or adjust easily to misfortune or change.
Mercy Corps will support female coffee farmers, coffee farmers’ wives, and young women in communities in Bandung and Garut Regencies to improve their economy, hygiene, health and leadership to contribute to the resilience of coffee growing families in Indonesia. We will achieve this through increased access to financial services, business training and mentoring, and technical expertise for business development. We will pair these activities with critical water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activities and infrastructure support, as well as training on healthy development, particularly related to stunting management. Through our collaborative partnership model, we will work with a variety of stakeholders (financial institutions, business organizations, peer networks and local government and private sector) to deliver products and services to program participants, while building networks and infrastructure that will enable sustainable impact well-beyond the life of the program.
- Improve access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene facilities, as well as support health education related to stunting management,
- Enhance the knowledge of financial and business literacy for female coffee farmers through training and mentoring, in collaboration with formal financial institutions, and
- Support the development of nonfarming businesses for coffee farmers’ wives through digital mentoring services and access to formal financial products and services.
This program will directly impact 1,800 female coffee farmers/coffee farmers’ wives (who have non-farming businesses), as well as 200 young women (< 35 years) in Bandung and Garut Regencies. The 2,000 direct participants will receive training and mentoring in financial and business literacy and development, access to financial services, and support via WASH infrastructure and education. We anticipate that 5,400 family members will benefit indirectly through education and/or access to financial services and increased economic activities.
Program Assistant (PA) – Bandung Raya
General Position Summary
Program Assistant will support the program implementation to reached 2,000 direct participants and 5,400 family members in/around origin communities through indirectly through education and/or access to financial services and increased economic activities. Especially, s/he will be organizing all logistics for program-related meetings, workshops, trainings, and or mentoring. This is includes identifying venues for training and accommodation, materials, arranging snacks and meals, managing consultants’ contract, and other activities based on the program’s plan and guidance.
The position is 100% based in Bandung Raya, West Java and it requires up to 40% travel to program locations area (depend on COVID-19 development).
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support the Program in organizing all logistics for program-related meetings, workshops, trainings, and or mentoring. This is includes identifying venues for training and accommodation, materials, arranging snacks and meals, managing consultants’ contract, and other activities based on the program’s plan and guidance.
- Maintain the program filing and documentation system, including maps, photos documentation/ management and media monitoring files, minutes of meeting, field documents/ assessment, training materials/ modules, contracts, agreements and other administrative/ logistics documents in coordination with the Program Coordinator/ Training and Mentoring Officer/ MEL Officer. Collect and catalogue program resource materials.
- Support the Program Coordinator to prepare reports as required by the funder.
- Support the program team in handling and following up the procurement needs, in accordance with the Field Procurement Policies and Procedures (FP3).
- Assist team members, guests and consultants in all administrative matters such as vehicle use, accommodations, and others, in coordination with the Operations Team.
- University degree, preferable in economics and management, social science, and rural development.
- 1+ years’ experience working in development programs with emphasis on health issue in urban setting.
- Experience in administrative/ secretarial tasks is a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Uunderstand spoken English are preferred
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesua is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
How to Apply
The vacancy will be closed on 03 December 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia