Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for energetic and hard-working man or woman to serve as Procurement Officer at the Coordination- Freetown Office. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Role: Procurement Officer will be responsible for effective procurement support to all SCI procurement requirements. The Procurement Officer is fully accountable that all procurement support is carried out according to agreed procurement plans and requests, and procurement systems, procedures and policies.
- A minimum of Diploma in Business Administration or related field. Professional qualification (CIPS) in Procurement field of study is an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years working experience in the same position or related position in a reputable organization, preferably an international NGO.
- Thorough understanding (or ability to do so) of SCI, donor, and procurement markets, dynamics, requirements and policies for NGOs and government regulations.
Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
Demonstrated planning, organising and negotiation skills
Time management, Diplomacy and Confidentiality
Must be Computer literate with strong documentation skills
Ability and willingness to undertake periodic field travel to up-country and hard to reach and hard to stay areas.
Driving skills (valid driving license mandatory).
Ability to work in hard to reach/stay areas.
Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing date: 10th May, 2021
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately cancelled.
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for the role.
- Candidates should apply using the link provided by Careers.sl for the job advert
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY