About Palladium :
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers under the newly introduced Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme which combines the existing Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP).
The Passenger Support Officer (PSO) will provide virtual and face to face support to outgoing Pacific Islanders travelling back to the Pacific in the case that travellers are denied passage based on high temperature readings and require self-isolation.
Provide support to travellers who are awaiting repatriation assistance and serve as a coordination point for PLS/SWP to:
- Undertake resource mapping of service availability
- Facilitate bookings, flights, medical clearances and COVID testing
- Assist with payments and hotel bookings
- Liaise with Government authorities, airlines and Approved Employers
The PSO will also be required to:
- Maintain a register of border restrictions, regulations, accommodation, transport providers and necessary services.
- Manage the Virtual Response Hotline
- Update policies and procedures and develop weekly reports
- The role is likely to require shifts of up to 7.6 hours with each PSO being available between 0600 and 2300. The timing of shifts will be determined by Pacific-bound airline schedules.
- ASIC security clearance and a valid Australian driver’s license.
- Customer service experience, preferably including passenger support services, logistics and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in report writing.
- Self-direction and initiative with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Fit and healthy with availability to undertake shift work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including cross-cultural experience with a preference for having worked with Pacific Islanders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Fully remote position with possibility for some airport mobilisation
- Great team culture
- Working for a program that is making positive impact
How to apply
Apply on the Palladium website via the below link.
The position is classified at C2 under the DFAT Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF). The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract to 30 April 2022 with possible extension to 31 December 2022.
You must have valid Australian work rights to be considered for this position – visa sponsorship is not available.
This is a Sydney based role with options for flexible working. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense.
Applications close on 12th December 2021 and will be assessed on a rolling basis.