Creative Associates seeks a Operations Director to support the implementation of the Inter-American Development Bank’s Comprehensive Rural Development and Productivity Project. The project’s general objective is to sustainably increase the income of rural households in the Dry Corridor of Honduras. Its specific objective is to improve productive development in the project’s target area by providing technologies, production-related technical assistance, and access to financing for the beneficiary population. As the Operations Director, h/she will be responsible in overseeing the smooth running of the head office, ensuring that office operations are kept consistent with donor and project standards, and is responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement, and information technology of the program.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Operations Director will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and supervise an operations team consisting of grants, procurement and HR staff.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure that all regional offices operational policies, including field operations management guide, inventory and ICT, are in place, compliant with project and donor policies, and implemented effectively;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Honduras;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with U.S. Government rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key project country team members in the areas of administration, logistics, and procurement;
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- S. degree in accounting or financial management desired; Bachelor’s degree is required;
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Five (5) years of experience with operations, logistics, and subcontracts;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.