MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. TACKLE THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST PROBLEMS. BUILD EXPERTISE IN AREAS THAT MATTER TO YOU. BECOME A GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT LEADER.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Media, and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 31 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
The Office Coordinator position is an integral part of Dalberg’s operations team who supports consultants and partners within the firm. This position is based at our Dalberg Nairobi Office where the incumbent will report to the Senior Office Manager with a significant interface with the operations team. The successful candidate will be an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. A professional who is a stickler for detail, thorough, accurate, and of high integrity with seamless execution while nurturing a positive and entrepreneurial work environment. An integral part of a dynamic office that can juggle multiple and unpredictable requests for help.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Key responsibilities include:
- Executive Administration
- Coordinate external and internal meetings as directed
- Effectively manage organizational calendar, including board meeting, integrated talent management, and performance management dates
- Supervise and train office administrative staff
- Perform general office duties e.g. ordering supplies, answering phones, and receiving visitors
- Compile relevant immigration information, including visa requirements, with staff to ensure timely and compliant travel arrangements
- Document and provide Finance team with required evidence of compliance to organizational policies e.g. proof of travel approvals, purchase orders, and preferred supplier lists
- Assist the Senior Office Manager with any other general administrative support
- Prepare memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Administrative responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to consultants and office operations
- Cultivate relationships and maintain contact with external clients on behalf of Dalberg Nairobi
- Function as a backup for other operations staff within the group and support other teaming activities as directed.
- Prepare requisitions for specific office purchases with appropriate authorization and arrange for payments.
- Compose business correspondence as and when required
- Handle all incoming calls proficiently and follow through with issues raised with appropriate parties
- Arrange essential mail both paper and electronic to help expedite consulting projects and meet deadlines (DHL, Couriers)
- Responsible for office security, by ensuring that all employees have relevant office access and security codes
- Assisting in looking for EOIs and RFPs and bringing it to the attention of relevant consultants
- Manage reception area receiving and dispatching deliveries, assist with mail as required and taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis
- Assisting the HR Lead with recruitment, onboarding, and termination processes
- Office Logistics
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, audiovisual and telephony equipment for meetings and conferences as requested
- Arrange international and domestic travel under guidance from staff in accordance with firms’ policy
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for external functions including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions, and dining arrangements
- Develop and maintain an effective filing system for the office
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs with building management
- Maintain a database of contacts for service providers
- Special projects such as office retreats, end of year parties, anniversaries, etc
- Depending on the skill level, provide targeted assistance to project teams with research
- And any other duties that may be assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of practical working experience at a consulting, law, or financial services firm or similar professional environment
- Excellent judgment with the ability to deftly manage sensitive and confidential situations
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in working with people from different cultures and different offices is desirable
- Experience working in a rapid-paced, quickly growing entrepreneurial environment is preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex processes concurrently, detail-oriented, highly focused, and organized
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities;
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm with a friendly, professional personality and demeanor
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the company, outside vendors, and customers both verbally and in writing
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications,
- Ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.
- Experience working in Deltek Maconomy and Talent ERP system is an added advantage
- Interest in social impact and international development is an added advantage
JOIN OUR TEAM
Please submit your application at our Career Centre or APPLY HERE, by 11:59 EST 19 September 2020.
Your application should include a resume and a cover letter.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to discuss their interests and experience. As the interviews progress, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at the Dalberg Nairobi Office.
Employment in all the Dalberg locations is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.