INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT SCOPE OF WORK
|Position Title:||Operations Assistant Consultant|
|Project Name:||USAID Vietnam Sustainable Forest Management|
|Billing Code:||Contract No:||72044020F00002|
|Period of Performance:||June – September 2022|
|Work Days in field:||0|
|Remaining Work Days:
(Research, Report Writing)
|Total Level of Effort:||48
A. DAI ORGANIZATION AND VALUES
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operationsworldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
B. PROJECT BACKGROUND
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. The Project will implement a “Green Prosperity” approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
The Project will work in seven provinces (Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, Quang Nam) and focus on five objectives:
- Improve and expand community forest management
- Increase conservation-friendly enterprises in forest-dependent communities
- Increase functionality of law enforcement system for forest crimes
- Improve production forest management practices
- Mobilize domestic resources for forest management and protection
The Project will be implemented during the period 2020-2025 by DAI in collaboration with RECOFTC and Preferred by Nature as partners, with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) as the counterpart and the Management Board of Forestry Projects (MBFP) as project owner.
C. OBJECTIVES (SCOPE)
Under the overall supervision of the Finance Manager, the consultant will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Arrange payment vouchers and bank remittances form into corresponding support document
- Check travel claims, and payment request documents, lodging list, air ticket, and signing sheet for each activity to ensure their completeness
- Arrange procurement documents such as combining purchase Orders, quotations, bid matrix to one file and submit for review by the procurement team
- Photocopy, scan and combine documents, save into folders
- File hard copies of financial documents, and purchase orders
- Other required tasks.
- Timesheet with completed tasks as verified by the Finance Manager
- Bachelor degree, preferably Finance/Accounting or related degree
- Experience with similar task is preferred
- Excellent command of Vietnamese and English
- Good literacy with major computer applications
- Careful and detail oriented
- Good communication skills.
F. HOW TO APPLY AND REQUESTED DOCUMENTS
Individual interested candidates are requested to submit:
- Updated CV in English
- Cover letter in English indicating why the applicant is suitable for this position along with current contact details of at least three referees in English or Vietnamese
- Scanned copy of related degrees
Via email to our recruitment email at VietnamSFM@dai.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line: “Candidate’s full name _ Operations assistant consultant”
Deadline for application: 5.00 p.m. (Hanoi time), June 27, 2022
Recruitment will be on rolling basis. The position may be closed earlier if appropriate candidate is selected before application due date.
To learn more about DAI, please visit our website: https://www.dai.com/
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor