Position Status: Part-time, Permanent (The role is initially part-time for 3 days per week with the intention of making it full time in March 2021)
Reporting to: Office Operations Manager
Salary: circa £18,000 depending on experience + benefits
Closing Date: 5 January 2021
Candidates must have the independent right to work in the UK at the time of appointment.
About Mercy Corps **
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
Mercy Corps Europe (MCE) has grown rapidly both in terms of the volume of activity and its complexity. With offices in Edinburgh, London, Geneva and The Hague, we now attract over £120m in income, and employ more than 100 domestic and expatriate field team members. The breadth and impact of our programmes makes Mercy Corps a unique and truly rewarding place to work. Our teams are proud of what we achieve in the field and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment.
The Office Assistant will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day running and administration of the Mercy Corps Edinburgh office. Responsibilities include upkeep of front of house standards, reception management, arranging and setting up meeting rooms, utilities, mail and courier services,safety and security of the building and general administrative support.
Essential Job Responsibilities
MCE Facilities Management and Reception
- Manage the front desk of MCE’s Edinburgh Office as receptionist: greet visitors; provide a welcoming, friendly and professional first impression of Mercy Corps in Edinburgh. Ensure phones are answered promptly, properly and efficiently; take messages and direct calls.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages. Includes managing external courier suppliers.
- Organize and manage Edinburgh site access and key management.
- Order and stock office and kitchen supplies.
- Act as onsite project coordinator for repairs and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Edinburgh Office Work Space
- Serve as the focal point for coordination of visitors (both internal and external to Mercy Corps), including setting up schedules and providing primary logistical support.
- Assist with the setup of and cleanup for events as requested, including board meetings, field staff visits, outreach and development events, and delegation itineraries. Ensure that facilities are ready and available for conference calls, on-line seminars, brown bag lunches and MC-wide teleconference events. Provide catering consulting and coordination and help to coordinate office social events.
- Arrange work space for team members, interns and consultants and ensure that public spaces and spare offices are kept presentable. Responsible for appearance standards throughout the site.
- Act as on site point of contact for Health and Safety.
MCE Travel & Travel Emergency Management
- Provide support and cover for Operations Coordinator with travel bookings as required.
- Support the IT Manager as needed to purchase, maintain, and troubleshoot Edinburgh IT equipment.
- Coordinate with the IT Manager with regards to ongoing issues and equipment needs.
- Troubleshoot basic IT and AV issues.
- Provide support with mobile phones and desk phones, and update MCE phone list.
- Provide support in scheduling onboarding for new hires.
Archiving and asset register
- Manage boxes going to and from the off-site archive
- Update off-site archive manifest
- Support Office Operations Manager in reporting on off-site archive
- Ensure asset register is updated and accurate
Reports Directly To: Office Operations Manager
Works Directly With: Office Operations Coordinator, IT Manager, IT Support Officer, HR Business Partner, External Travel Management Company
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a fast-paced office environment, with emphasis on administrative services and/or facilities.
- Excellent computer skills required, including familiarity with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; comfort in working with IT functions a plus.
- Prior experience with coordination and management of travel schedules and meetings desirable.
- Sensitivity and experience in communicating with stakeholders from diverse sectors and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and cooperatively with team members and the ability to take direction as well as work independently.
- Overseas, international, non-profit experience and/or interest preferred.
- A healthy combination of professionalism, confidence and good humor.
- Strong multi-tasking, organisational, and prioritisation skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Able to effectively and accurately represent Mercy Corps to visitors to the Edinburgh Office.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving
- A quick learner, who takes the initiative and is accountable for results.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Edinburgh and may involve occasional travel.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.