Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (HoSO) in Cotabato and direct supervision of the Head of Satellite Office in Zamboanga, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for project implementation and management of resources related to the transition and recovery activities in Mindanao, particularly the provinces of Zamboanga, Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Coordinate the implementation of transition and recovery project activities, as guided by the Head of Sub-Office, to ensure the completion of assigned projects.
Monitor implementation progress, identify and document significant events, problems or deviations and recommend appropriate actions solutions to the Head of Sub-Office.
Ensure proper documentation of operational activities for future reporting, programmatic promotions, visibility, audits and other requirements. Prepare regular reports for the Head of Sub-Office on achievements, problems encountered, pertinent developments, and strategic needs for assigned projects.
Supervise, train and provide support to project assistants and field staff in implementing, monitoring, and documenting activities.
In close coordination with the Resource Management Unit, monitor the project’s expenditures and support the documentation process.
Ensure that the day-to-day implementation and supervision of the project activities are in accordance with the work plan, project document, and IOM rules, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Liaise with relevant humanitarian and development actors, government authorities and other stakeholders operating in the area to ensure that project activities are adequately coordinated and aligned with the local context.
Coordinate regularly with the Programme Support Unit, including Information Management, M&E and Reporting, to ensure project information and data are regularly updated and shared with relevant stakeholders and to ensure projects are being implemented in line with work plan, logframe, M&E plan and other IOM, donor and government regulations.
Participate and represent IOM in meetings with government as deemed necessary by the Head of Sub-Office.
Undertake duty travels in support of the programme.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in Social Science, Political Science, International Development, Peace and Conflict Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
· University degree in the above fields with minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
· Extensive experience in Transition and Recovery programming, such as Prevention of Violent Extremism, Institutional/Community Capacity Building, Social Cohesion, Peacebuilding, Community Stabilization, a distinctive asset.
· Experience in management of humanitarian or development operations and/or Government Social Services.
· Familiarity with the context of BARMM, especially the Provinces of Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, an advantage.
· Experience in liaising with senior government counterparts, including BARMM Ministries.
· Experience in project design, operations management and field implementation.
· Familiarity with IOM administrative and financial management, an advantage.
· Strong remote management, coordination and liaison skills required
· Familiarity with financial and business administration an advantage
· Solid IT skills and computer literacy
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Mindanao context is a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English and Filipino is required. Working knowledge of Tausug and Sama and other ZamBaSulTa language Working knowledge Cebuano and any BARMM language.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 2**
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.