- Title: Marketing & Capacity Strengthening Intern
- Location: Hanoi/ Ho Chi Minh City
- Program: Vietnam/ STEPS Project
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular (work hybrid)
- Start Date: October 2022
- End Date: 6 months from start date
- Will the intern be receiving a stipend? Yes
- Will the intern travel? (local or international): No
**Candidates must be a final year student or fresh graduate (under 1 year).
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997, and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:
PATH is awarded funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) / Vietnam to implement the USAID/PATH “Support for Technical Excellence and Private Sector Sustainability in Vietnam” (STEPS) project over five years, from 2021 to 2026. The overall goal of this project is to increase market growth for private sector HIV goods and services that are capable of meeting the needs of populations facing the greatest HIV risks. In order to achieve this goal, STEPS and its partners focus on achieving outcomes linked to the following three objectives:
- Objective 1: Strengthen total market for HIV commodities and services
- Objective 2: Increase operational and financial sustainability of social enterprise/private sector service providers
- Objective 3: Improve enabling environment to support private sector HIV-related goods and services as part of a sustainable national HIV response
Description of overall learning objectives and goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:
- Intern will build ability to multi-task and work professionally with various colleagues and mentors within USAID/PATH STEPS, developing a project coordination and organizational skill.
- Intern will gain and utilize experience in high-level report writing, training/event organization, social media management, working with various partners.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- Enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program. Preferred areas of study include business & administration, public health, communications, journalism, and relevant areas
- Previous experience with developing and executing communication campaigns; working with private sector partners
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable certain experience in developing creative social media content and effectively managing social media channels and content schedules
- Experience in organizing offline-events is a plus
- Knowledge of HIV and LGBT issues is preferred but not a must
- Fluent in Vietnamese with a professional level of English (reading and writing)
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Intern will develop comprehensive communication skills set (marketing communication campaigns execution, advertisement management, necessary administrative skills, etc.)
- Intern will deepen their knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of public health and epidemiology.
- Intern will develop skills on workshops, meetings, and events organization.
- Support to create and manage online content for various platforms, including the Website, Facebook fan pages, and other communication channels of the project
- Manage engagement/responses from the community
- Support to prepare and organize offline events, trainings, mentoring and coaching activities with partners
- Support technical assistance activities with STEPS partners including clinics and social enterprises
- Assist works related to private sector partners
- Assist with the general day-to-day administrative tasks
- Other tasks upon request.
Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.