SENIOR ECONOMIST (RE ADVERTISED)
You will be a motivated and proactive Senior Economist with the right combination of talent
Join MAHKOTA (Towards a Strong and Prosperous Indonesian Society) program in Jakarta as a short-term adviser to inform the design of the PMT statistical modelling as part of the updating and expansion of DTKS, particularly as related to the potential utilization of Big Data Analysis and/or Machine Learning methods.
The position will liaise closely with the National Planning Agency (Bappenas), which is playing a key role in the DTKS expansion, with Statistics Indonesia (BPS), as well as other government counterparts and related stakeholders to accommodate inputs and ensure effective communication across different agencies.
You will be a motivated and proactive Senior Economist with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Doctoral degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related subjects preferred; or Masters degree with significant related experience.
- Minimum of 12 years (Master Degree) or 7 years (PhD) of relevant work experience in statistical modelling;
- Strong capabilities to apply of mathematical and statistical techniques to economics in the study of problems, the analysis of data, and the development and testing of theories and models;
- Experience conducting data analysis and utilizing statistical analysis software packages, especially STATA, or SAS/SPSS.
- Proven ability to interpret and present economic/statistical information in user-friendly formats such as MS PowerPoint and MS Excel charts;
- Experience incorporating Machine Learning and/or Big Data Analysis into statistical modeling;
- Familiarity with Indonesian data such as Census, Podes, Susenas, Sakernas;
- Experience working with governments in designing and developing social programs and with policy and social development analysis, research and policy dialogue preferred;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
A competitive daily rate will be offered to the preferred candidate in line with local Indonesian labour laws.
Why join MAHKOTA?
MAHKOTA offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining MAHKOTA, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
Position closes Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 5 PM (local time)
For any enquiries about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “MAHKOTA – Senior Economist” in your email subject line.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno Safeguards Policy
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.