PFSCM strengthens, develops, and manages secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable global supply chains to improve the health and well-being of people in low- and middle-income countries through increased access to quality and affordable health products. We help governments, non-profit organizations, and humanitarian agencies to achieve their public health goals through cost-saving procurement, efficient logistics, pharma-grade storage, last-mile delivery solutions, and real-time data tracking. PFSCM demonstrates its commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence by upholding an ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System that underpins all our processes, systems, and services.
PFSCM is a subsidiary of one of the leading international health consultancy organizations in the US — JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). In addition to our project management headquarters in Washington D.C., in the U.S., and our operational facility in Woerden, in the Netherlands, we have access to 50 other JSI offices around the world.
Within PFSCM’s global structure, approximately 90 seconded staff members from more than 35 countries contribute to the impact achieved through PFSCM’s services. PFSCM’s diversity of thought and culture allows us to engage fully with our clients and each other. We believe we can achieve our mission by upholding our purpose- and results-driven cultural style. We do this by creating an environment where staff can demonstrate our cultural values of collaboration, learning, proactivity, problem solving, and outcome orientation on a daily basis.
The Logistics Specialist is expected to serve as the global logistics expert for a portfolio of assigned countries and utilize logistics expertise for various countries of delivery. The Specialist is responsible for working within the import/export documentation requirements and managing the smooth shipment and delivery of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The Specialist is expected to ensure compliance with PFSCM, funder and/or client, and recipient requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in cases of irregularities.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the smooth implementation of daily Third-Party Logistics (3PLs) operations and provides proactive management from goods readiness through last mile/in-country delivery. Coordinating closely with 3PLs, the Specialist is expected to support the troubleshooting of transport and delivery issues in collaboration with the 4PL Services Subdivision, principal recipients, vendors, and/or funders or clients. The Specialist is expected to provide customer service excellence to all stakeholders. The Specialist is expected to provide regular status updates on shipments and address questions, concerns, and/or change requests that the client or principal recipient may have in coordination with the Strategic Supply Chain and Client Services Units and/or 4PL Subdivision, the funders/clients, and other stakeholders as needed.
The Logistics Specialist is also responsible for maintaining data accuracy from the point of goods readiness to proof of delivery and confirmation of receipt; and for working with the Strategic Supply Chain and Client Services Units to ensure the supply chain is established and executed in accordance with PFSCM and the funder/client’s key performance indicators (KPIs). PFSCM logistics activities are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs), either in-house SOPs and/or those determined by the funder or client.
- Ensure timely logistics execution (plan, execute, monitor) of the international transport of goods, including high value & temperature sensitive products, into the specific countries (export, shipping lanes etc.), the importation and clearance, and in-country delivery of goods for all categories of products managed by PFSCM in collaboration with different 3PL partners.
- Lead troubleshooting of transport and delivery challenges; address other issues as they arise.
- Monitor closely all assigned shipments and proactively mitigate or remove any delays & risk on country level.
- Monitor vendor overall performance on a regular basis to ensure necessary export documents are received timely and orders are delivered on time, in full.
- Provide advice or assistance for vendors on documents required for the importation of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in countries of destination, working with the Sourcing and Client Services Units.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with internal stakeholders, such as Strategic Supply Chain and Client Service Units, to address business challenges and opportunities at the order level to provide high quality solutions to the recipients.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Provide proactive customer service while acting as primary point of contact for logistics to principal recipients, client, 3PLs, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular and timely updates (Order Overviews) to principal recipients and ensure principal recipients are able to track orders using visibility platform and deliver training as necessary.
- Provide training to 3PL partners, as a part of the on boarding process, on importation requirements for portfolio countries and review importation processes and communication expectations with PFSCM in coordination with the 4PL Services Subdivision.
- Work collaboratively with the principal recipients, vendors, internal and external, and partner organisations on logistical issues.
- Handle all shipment-related incidents; log incidents into PFSCM Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain PFSCM’s country-profiles with the most up-to-date information for each of the assigned portfolio countries with key information on country context/requirements knowledge and expertise including in-country supply chain issues regarding storage and/or delivery of goods.
- Work closely with 4PL Services and the client to monitor waiver lead times, and update the matrix as necessary. Additionally, communicate key changes in waiver lead time and/or process in country to Logistics Manager for proper escalation.
- Maintain system-related changes required on planned shipment costs, milestones, and confirmation of delivery in coordination with the 3PLs throughout the shipment management process.
- Maintain and update ERP system at the order and shipment levels, to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Adhere to established logistics policies and standard operating procedures, and seek and identify opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Provide inputs into final invoicing documentation and approval process in coordination with 4PL Services and Finance & Accounting Units.
- Ensure that country shipping instructions are updated periodically, sharing updates with Strategic Supply Chain and Client Services Units and vendors as needed.
- Contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Document and share all relevant information concerning logistics knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain operations, transport, or logistics required.
- Critical operational and complex organizational problem solving experience required.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience in supply chain with high value and temperature sensitive products is preferred.
- Experience in the international, public health sector is preferred.
- Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Fluency in English is required; other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) are a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable.
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in The Netherlands.
Salary commensurate with experience.