Management Level ML-2
Kosovo Specialist Chambers/ Chambers Legal Support Unit
Security Clearance Level:
EU SECRET or equivalent
Open to Contributing Third States:
The position as Legal Officer is located in the Registry’s Chambers Legal Support Unit, to be deployed as needed to the Judges’ Chambers, in either the Basic Court (Pre-Trial and/or Trial Panel), the Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court Chambers. When deployed, the Legal Officer reports to the Senior Legal Officer of the relevant Chamber.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide specialised legal and judicial administrative support to the Judges through the Senior Legal Officer;
· To conduct legal research, particularly on international criminal law, international humanitarian and criminal law and international administrative law;
· In cooperation with the Senior Legal Officer, prepare draft memoranda, decisions and judgments on cases assigned;
· To undertake legal analysis of judgments and evidence, assessing submissions and authorities submitted by parties;
· To monitor the relevant developments in international law;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
· Temporary re-assignment to other units of the Specialist Chambers may be applicable due to operational demands/requirements.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:**
· Successful completion of University studies of at least three (3) years, attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area e.g. Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
Specification of Education and Experience
· The above mentioned University degree must be in at least one of the following fields of expertise: Law with a specialisation in international, criminal or humanitarian law or other related university studies;**
· A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible legal experience, at either the national or international level;
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience of criminal law/international criminal law or humanitarian law;**
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentational);**
· Excellent drafting and reporting skills;**
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure and in difficult circumstances;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and/or cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.**
· International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations.
· Knowledge of the functioning of the EU and in particular CSDP Missions;
· Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo.
How to apply
Citizenship – The candidates must have Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
- For candidates from the EU Member States:
The online Application Form (Annex 2), including its Addendum (Annex 3 to be filled in manually and uploaded), shall be submitted via one of the following links:
1.1. For candidates seconded by their EU Member State:
1.2. For contracted candidates from EU Member States:
- For candidates from the Third Contributing States:
The Application Form (Annex 2), available on both the EEAS website and the website of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office, shall be sent to one of the following email addresses only:
2.1. For candidates seconded by their Third Contributing State:
Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC)
2.2. For contracted candidates from the Third Contributing States:
· Only one application form per applicant will be accepted, the latest received within the deadline or the one submitted through the National Authorities being given a priority. You can, however, apply for up to three positions using the same application form, also indicating your order of priority;
· The application form must be completed in English;
· Please ensure that every section of the form is completed accurately, as your application will be evaluated on the completeness and accuracy of all information provided by you in the application form;
· Applicants should assess, before submitting their application form, whether they fulfil all the requirements for admission laid down in the job description;
· Applicants from the EU Member States with queries relating to the online Application Form and/or encountering technical problems, should address their queries to: email@example.com(link sends e-mail).
· Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection procedure in due course by e-mail.
· Here is the link to the Privacy Notice.