- Master’s degree in natural resource management, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, or relevant fields.
- Qualification and/or extensive experience in project management
Knowledge and Experience
- Thorough understanding of socio-economic, conservation and development issues in Myanmar.
- Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to conservation and the government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not-for-profit sector in the landscape.
- 7 years of practical experience in leading and managing programmes or projects, 2 years of which should be related to landscape management
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations
- Proven experience of managing programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors with annual budget of multi millions USD
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and international organisations
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong managerial skills including, planning, recruiting, motivating team members, delivering quality outcomes and financial management of large projects.
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills about protected area management, community management, environmental conventions and legislation.
- Networking, building working relationships with various stakeholders and communicating effectively
- Strategic thinking and ability to deliver constructive feedback.
Desirable skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of Myanmar and Karen languages.
- GIS and spatial planning tools and techniques