The USAID-funded Feed the Future Ethiopia Land Governance Activity (LGA) project in Ethiopia, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Land Administration and Use Expert.
LGA seeks to recruit a competent land administration and use (LALU) expert to provide technical assistance to Oromia National Regional State (NRS) in surveying, mapping, and registration of communal landholdings and preparation of participatory land use plans. The LALU expert will be a key person in building the capacity of surveying and land use planning staffs in the pastoral areas of the region. He/She will work very closely with the USAID supported Resilience in Pastoral Areas (RiPA) project in participatory resources mapping of range land and land use plan preparations and CLGEs.
* Oversee implementation of expanding communal land tenure security and participatory land use planning preparations in selected pastoral communities of Oromia NRLS;
* Assist the organization and delivery of training at zonal and woreda levels in adjudication, demarcation, and registration of communal land holding and participatory land use planning;
* Provide technical assistance for the surveying and land use planning staffs;
* Guide the surveying team and pastoral adjudication committee (PLACs) in demarcation and registration of communal land boundaries;
* Guide the survey team in production of maps based on the field data;
* Contribute to the development of GIS based methodology and approaches for participatory resources mapping;
* Closely work with the RiPA project in participatory resource mapping and implementation of the integrated land use plans;
* Assist LGA’s organization and training members of CLGE executive committees;
* Assist in organizing consultative meetings and validation workshops to discuss and agree on the appropriate unit of certification and adjudicate and validate the communal land boundaries;
* Liaise with zonal and woreda offices & communities on matters related to pastoral communal land holding certification and land use planning;
* Assist the zonal and woreda offices to organize and maintain cadastral database;
* Participate in data collection activities as described in the LGA Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan to monitor and document progress made to implement LGA and the project’s impact;
* Contribute to the development of and writing LGA success stories and reports for the project’s physical and virtual library;
* Contribute to the writing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports of LGA.
* Perform other duties reasonably assigned by the LGA LALU Specialist or Chief of Party
* Experience in community facilitation in pastoral setting;
* Effective interpersonal skills, initiative and high sense of responsibility;
* Very good skills in GIS and remote sensing and in teamwork and leadership;
* Ability to write clear and concise reports and make effective oral presentation;
* Proficiency in speaking English and Oromifa languages.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/LUELGAEthiopia
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.