Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Knowledge Management (KM) Intern, who will work with the Knowledge Management Advisory Group (KMAG) under the direction of the KM Coordinator. The KMAG is improving technical knowledge management to stimulate organizational learning for stronger proposals and excellent projects. Over the next year, the KMAG is focused on:
1) Promoting an organizational culture where sharing knowledge is expected and celebrated
2) Streamlining knowledge management related policies and processes
3) Support updates to and rationalization of our knowledge systems
Comprised of representatives from various departments across the company, the KMAG is spearheading knowledge management initiatives at the firm. Knowledge management (KM) is the systematic process of collecting knowledge and connecting people to it so they can work more efficiently and effectively. This internship is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background and interest in knowledge management, organizational learning, and international development.
Roles & Responsibilities:**
* Assist in finalizing an Institutional Strengthening Toolkit with an inventory and description of Tetra Tech’s institutional strengthening projects, approaches, tools, and best practices
* Analyze and document lessons learned across technical sectors (Agriculture and Economic Growth; Democracy and Governance; Environment and Natural Resources; Land Tenure and Property Rights; Water Resources and Infrastructure);
* Assist in design of, documentation, and dissemination of knowledge from internal reflection and learning sessions
* Assist in design of mechanism to ensure learning generated from KM tools is disseminated among and utilized by staff
* Assist in finalizing technical catalogue of ARD tools/approaches
* Work with KMAG sector representatives to identify and select resources for the Knowledge Portal
* Classify and tag selected documents according to a common taxonomy
* Support technical working groups through implementation of cross-sectoral learning activities.
* Attend KMAG’s regular meetings and workshops, and report progress to KM Coordinator.
* Perform other relevant duties as identified by KM Coordinator and sector representatives.
* Recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field to one of the firm’s practice areas;
* Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience;
*Knowledge management and organizational learning experience preferred
*International development experience a plus
* Demonstrated interest in knowledge and information management;
* Demonstrated experience with SharePoint Online preferred.
*Eligible to work in the US without employer sponsorship.
This internship is paid, and hours are flexible, and is expected to average 40 per week for six months with possibility of extension. The staff person will be based REMOTELY, reporting to staff in Arlington, VA. Targeted start date is November 11th, 2020.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter explaining your interest in this internship
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Apply online ONLY at: https://bit.ly/3mywobL
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.