The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including RE and EE in ASEAN. The cooperation between ASEAN and Germany focusses in the fields of climate change and environment, regional economic integration as well as institutional capacity development.
In the energy sector, GIZ supports the introduction and deployment of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) in the partner region through methodological approach, technical and financial competence and enable partner organizations to move towards a sustainable energy supply using their own potential.
The ASEAN-German Energy Programme (AGEP) supports its partner, ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE), to become a regional competence center of excellence on sustainable energy in the ASEAN region. The second phase of AGEP (AGEP Phase II) is implemented from July 2019 up to June 2022 with the indicators to reach the objective are defined as follows:
- One ASEAN Energy Outlook (AEO), including 4 recommended actions of reduction of greenhouse gas emission has been approved by ASEAN Ministers of Energy Meeting (AMEM). One recommendation or more developed by the Project activities in the areas of RE or EE&C is approved by the respective responsible Sub-Sector Networks (SSNs), Senior Officials Meeting on Energy (SOME) or ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM).
- Two data collection and processing handouts are approved by SOME.
- A long-term business plan with a proposal for sustainable financing mechanism is available for the approval of the ACE Governing Council.
The ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE), in coordination with the ASEAN Secretariat assists the ASEAN Member States in carrying out technical support and assistance in the supervision, coordination and review of the cooperation programme and activities on ASEAN Blueprint called the ASEAN Plan on Action for Energy Cooperation (APAEC). The APAEC is a series of guiding policy documents to support the implementation of multilateral energy cooperation towards enhancing energy security, accessibility, affordability and sustain-ability under the framework of the ASEAN Economic Community.
Funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), AGEP Phase II has 3 main areas of activities to contribute to APAEC 2016-2025. Further information on AGEP and its activities can be found in: https://agep.aseanenergy.org.
The internship is to support the implementation of AGEP II project activities mainly on research and finalisation of technical documents. The internship program will provide hands-on practical experience on the working environment in international cooperation. It can also broaden his/her understanding on energy development issues in the ASEAN region.
Under direct supervision by the Capacity Development Advisor, the Intern shall support in the preparation and implementation of AGEP II project activities in coordination with Advisors and the Partner (ACE), namely:
- Activities to support the implementation of the programme output, namely:
- ACE provides innovative services to promote sustainable energy;
- Improved collection and digital processing of socio-economic and energy-specific data in AMS;
- Selected actions of ACE’s organizational development plan are implemented
- Communications and Public Relations (PR)
- Activities’ Monitoring and Evaluation, including gender analysis and post-event’ evaluation
The Intern will perform the following tasks
- Assist in implementing human resource development plan for ACE and ASEAN Member States under various of training thematic area; managerial, leadership and energy related topic
- Support in monitoring & evaluating processes based on the performance of project outputs, indicators, activity milestones.
- Assist in project’s data and knowledge management including information collection-structuring-storing
- Support the AGEP team in event management; participate in the planning and organization process of the events as assigned, prepare working documents for the event, conduct the post-event’s evaluation, analysis and compilation (e.g. feedback results, gender composition, participations, or other specific topics)
- Assist AGEP Phase II ‘s communication and digital activities including website and social media management
- Assist the team in performing administrative duties and other tasks as assigned by AGEP II
The internship program will provide hands-on practical experience on the working environment in international cooperation. It can also broaden his/her understanding on energy development issues in the ASEAN region, which could potentially be used as a research topic for his/her study theses.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or final year University Student) in business administration, management, international relations, social science, or another relevant field
- Basic knowledge on ASEAN, its activities and regional cooperation
- Basic knowledge and familiarity on Human Resource Management and Business Process Management
- Basic knowledge and familiarity on energy sector will be an advantage
- Experience in conducting desk research
- Experience in working on event management
- Knowledge on design will be an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organizational and project management skills
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: May 2021 – October 2021
Period of Contract: 6 months
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader of AGEP II project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23, 2021 with subject line AGEP II – Internship.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified