ABA ROLI’s JusTRAC+ Program is seeking an unpaid intern to support the implementation of the JusTRAC+ Project 2 (Research and Coordination) Component. The program is focused on improving the coordination of rule of law assistance programming and interventions among US Government agencies, foreign governments, international and non-governmental organizations, and program implementers for the benefit of recipients in transitional and post-conflict states.
Among other responsibilities, the intern will experience learning through and contribute to the program through the follow activities.
- Conduct research and curate resources on the current Community of Practice (CoP) thematic areas of justice measurement and data collection, and addressing the nexus of transnational organized crime and corruption as well as for future thematic areas
- Participate in discussions and contribute to drafting of CoP documents and CoP toolkit materials and other knowledge products
- Learn and practice how to document and assist in planning and organizing JusTRAC+ program events including community of practice discussions, meetings with U.S. Government personnel, including donors, steering and liaison committee representatives and other stakeholders
- Learn and undertake review of online discussion boards on the Knowledge Portal (KP) and where needed refer queries to experts internal to ABA or to the Communities of Practice members
- Collaborate with staff to monitor and to contribute to ongoing Knowledge Portal content development and updates
- Currently enrolled in a degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and Google G Suite and virtual and social media platforms (MS Teams, Google Meets, Zoom etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with research and document review.
- Interest in international development, particularly issues related to the rule of law and justice sector reform.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt, multitask and meet deadlines.
Previous internship experience.
Previous experience producing written content for an international or domestic NGO/non-profit.
A track-record of supporting the planning of high-impact events.
- Creativity and the ability to use storytelling to build support for our work.