World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position title: Information Management Officer (pending donor approval)
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
World Vision’s One Syria Response, managed from Jordan, oversees programming for conflict-affected Syrian children and their families inside Syria and throughout Jordan and Turkey. The Information Management Officer’s (IMO) primary role will be to support the information management requirements of cash programming for the Syria Response, including data verification and cleaning. The IMO will provide support to the IM system across the Syria response countries (Syria, Jordan and Turkey), including maintenance of monthly beneficiary reach and indicator dashboards using PowerBI, development of digital data collection tools, conducting data cleaning and analysis and ensuring data protection standards are met at all times. In addition, the IMO holds a vital role in supporting the integration and migration of Syria Response data into World Vision’s global information system, Horizon.
Data Management and Monitoring Support
· Responsible for all data management for a large cash transfer project, including ensuring data is verified and cleaned checking for duplicate or erroneous entries, ensuring accuracy of numerical and qualitative data and fixing problems and inaccuracies as needed
· On-site and post-distribution monitoring dashboards are maintained for all cash distributions
· Provides day to day support to implementing partners, ensuring data is accurately collected at the field level
· Coordinates with third parties providing data management services in relation to cash distribution
· Ensures ethical principles related to IM are respected including principles of informed consent and data protection.
Data collection and analysis
· Supports the design of quality digital tools for entering, compiling and analysing data using appropriate software (includes coding)
· Develops tailored indicator tracking tables for projects in Jordan, Syria and turkey for project and MEAL teams to input monthly monitoring data
· Provides training to WV and partner staff on correct use of the tools
· Supports wider Syria Response MEAL and PDQ teams with basic data analysis
· Reports any data quality issues to Information Management Coordinator
· Supports the IM Coordinator to centralise and organise Syria Response programme data and tools.
· Maintains monthly beneficiary reach reporting through timely update of PowerBI dashboards for all Syria Response countries.
· Maintains monthly indicator tracking table (ITT) reporting through timely update of PowerBI dashboards for all Syria Response countries.
· Supports the migration of project data into World Vision’s global information management and reporting system, Horizon for all projects.
· Supports Information Management Coordinator in meeting all global centre reporting requirements.
· Attends and contributes to MEAL team, project team and partner meetings as required
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of information management in a humanitarian context.
· Thorough knowledge of xls file management and coding and other data management and visualisation software, including PowerBI
· Experience in designing and managing tools for entering, compiling and pre-analysing quantitative data
· Strong project planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Data Analysis, Information Management or any other relevant field of study
· Previous working experience in INGOs.
· Good understanding on database management and data structures
· Experience with CommCare and Smap/ ODK preferred
· Fluency in Arabic and English (spoken and written) is required