About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Project Overview and Role:
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP).
On 14 September 2021, the Australian Government introduced the PALM scheme, which is an integrated approach to Pacific labour mobility. It streamlines the SWP and PLS by offering a single application process, giving new employers the option to recruit seasonal and/or longer-term workers and enabling existing employers that meet the eligibility criteria the option to be mutually recognised under both programs. The PALM scheme provides additional flexibilities in program and visa settings, including expanded access to Pacific and Timorese workers for employers in regional and rural areas facing workforce shortages.
The Industry Liaison/Engagement Officer acts as the first point of contact for all prospective and new employers seeking to become an Approved Employer (AE) under the PLS.
You will provide support for the application onboarding process including ensuring AEs understand the application process, recruitment requirements and ongoing employer obligations of participating in the scheme and conducting site visits in line with risk assessment processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Industry Liaison/Engagement Officer will undertake the following duties:
- Provide support to prospective employers through the approval process, answering queries and providing information on topical issues
- Conduct site visits to employers and host employers to ensure all PLS requirements are met
- Identify and promote the PLS in emerging and diverse industries to grow the demand of Pacific labour in Australia with a focus on semi-skilled positions
- Build strong working relationships with potential and approved employers, to develop an open and honest dialogue around any complexities and/or issues related to the approval process or recruitment process under the Pacific Labour Scheme
- Contribute to strengthening close relationships between local industry associations, peak bodies, local employer and the wider business community
- Identify and promote opportunities for microstates, low sending countries, female participation and disability engagement to new Approved Employers
- Maintain accurate records of all site visits, compliance and other activities and employer contact/outreach
- Drafting of recommendation reports to DFAT) on employer suitability to become approved under the Scheme
- Regular interstate and/or regional travel, as required.
Due to the evolving nature of our program, it is possible that an Adviser may be expected to undertake duties that fall outside the remit of their original Terms of Reference to ensure the ongoing success of the program.
Where this is required, the following will occur:
- The adviser has the skills and experience to fulfill the duties
- This arrangement will be short term in nature
It is essential that you have relevant work experience in operational co-ordination or administration and industry compliance.
This position will require you to have strong understanding and practical experience of Australian industry priorities and challenges, as well as experience engaging with multiple internal teams and external stakeholders in a government/private enterprise environment.
It is also expected of you to have driver’s license and willingness to drive to regional locations and flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends.
Key personal skills and attributes you must tick:
- High level of interpersonal skills and customer/client relationship management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised and strong in documentation and filing
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Microsoft Windows Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to apply
Apply on the Palladium website at the below link:
The Industry Liaison/Engagement Officer position is classified at B1 under the DFAT Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF).
The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract to 30 June 2023.
You must have valid Australian work rights to be considered for this position – visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This is a Brisbane based role. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
Applications close on 28 November 2021 – due to the urgent nature of this vacancy applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early as interviews will be coordinated once suitable applications are received.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.