DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 15 May, 2021.
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC1) for Hama & Special Service Agreement (SSA1) for Homs
Duration: 11 months for the SSA contract, and 12 months for the SC Contract.
Duty Station: 1 post in Hama Field Office and 1 post in Homs Field Office
Number of required employees: 2
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The helper will work in the admin Unit and in collaboration with the other units of WFP.
This post is based in Hama and Homs and follow under the direct supervision of the BSA Officer in Hama.**
To support site maintenance services in providing cleaning, laundry, basic garden maintenance, porter duties and other related manual work, to ensure WFP premises are well-organised, kept in a clean & hygienic condition and are in compliance with the established standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the helper will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all helpers)
- Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments to keep them clean, well-organized and in a good condition.
- Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services.
- Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
- Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, to ensure that WFP office and guesthouse items are clean.
- Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchen and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well organized working environment.
Functional Capabilities and skills required to deliver outputs
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and meets the deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, Ability to work in a team.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education is desirable.
Experience: One year of overall experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic, and intermediate knowledge of oral and written communication in English.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
• High sense of responsibility and initiative.
• Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team.