Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
Background and Position Description
USAID Learns is developing a more robust cadre of long-term consultants who can provide the graphic design support for Learns’ new tools, resources and various research products.
The selected consultants will be contracted by Learns to provide graphic design service on specific assignments/products. Learns will provide written requests via email to the consultant (including specific products, time, duration, and any special needs) to determine potential fit. Exact performance standards will be established at the Work Order level. Selected consultants will work with USAID, USAID Learns, implementing partners, and will report to Learns’ full-time staff (each assignment may have a different supervisor).
The level of engagement of each consultant is variable and assignment dependent. The initial consulting agreement will be for up to two years throughout the life of the USAID Learns contract, ending in September 2024.
Under this solicitation, SI intends to select qualified consultants and issue blanket consulting agreements (BCAs) to establish specific pricing levels and parameters for ordering services in the future. This will allow SI to issue specific Work Orders, on an as-needed basis, for the procurement of services over the length of the BCA. Once the consultant agrees to the Work Order, s/he shall furnish the services described in the Work Order. SI is only obligated to pay for services ordered through Work Orders issued under the BCA and delivered by the consultant in accordance with the terms/conditions of the BCA. At this time, the quantify of specific services to be requested under any BCA resulting from this Call for CVs are unknown. Specific quantities will depend on the needs of the project and individual Work Orders will be issued under the BCA as the need arises for additional services. This solicitation does not commit SI to award a contract nor to a specific level of engagement.
The exact products that the graphic designers support will be determined based on each specific product under each Work Order. Possibilities include:
- Developing visually appealing research outputs for external audiences.
- Designing templates or resources supporting Learns capacity building tasks.
- Additional tools / resources as required within the estimated LOE.
Time frame: October 2022 – September 2024
Level of effort: Up to 400 hours (only actual time spent is billable).
The consultant must have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in graphic design. (See this example product as a model for the level of graphic design skill Learns is looking for)
- Knowledge and experience in user-centered design and advising on the type of products that would be most useful given users / target audience.
- Knowledge and experience in international development and working with USAID is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with USAID branding and marking requirements a plus.
- Familiarity with research outputs is preferred.
- The ability to maintain high-quality work with tight deadlines, including adapting to client requests in coordination with Learns.
- Excellent professionalism, including focus, judgment, and discretion.
- Professional proficiency in writing, reading, and speaking English.
The closing date for application: September 30, 2022. Selection and interviews will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please submit your CV and expression of interest that highlights your relevant experience per the qualifications above. Please also include at least 2 samples of your graphic design work that best represent your abilities.
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.