With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share the Core Values that allow us to experiment courageously in our work while staying true to who we’ve been as an organization for 50 years. Are you a results oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world? Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism while taking into account real-world dynamics? If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
The Foundations Officer will serve as an integral part of a small team within Institutional Giving (IG), focused on cultivating and stewarding top-tier foundation relationships at seven- to eight-figure level. This individual may also lead a small portfolio of mid-level donors, which provide an important base of support for EDF to carry out its mission. The Foundations Officer will be an experienced Development professional with the skills and drive needed to make a significant contribution to a dynamic results-oriented Development program.
DEPARTMENT, LOCATION AND REPORTING
This position is part of the IG team within EDF’s Development Department. The Development Department raises 90% of EDF’s $200M budget annually; the Institutional Giving team is responsible for raising about half of the department’s revenue. This position reports to a New York-based Director.
- Serve as a key self-starter and an integral contributing partner to a team within IG that secures and manages 6-8 figure grants from top EDF donors. This entails a range of strategic stewardship and cultivation activities, including but not limited to:
- Participating in the development and implementation of donor cultivation plans.
- Preparing high-quality proposals, reports, and other donor-facing communications in collaboration with IG team, program staff and grant writers.
- Crafting strategic talking points and other materials for program and executive staff to use in donor meetings.
- Developing relationships with foundation staff and participating in funder meetings.
- Contributing to accurate financial projections and donor information in our Salesforce database.
- Leveraging the resources of department-wide research and donor engagement (communications/events) teams, as appropriate.
- Independently respond to donor inquiries with appropriate donor-centric information—on the organization, our operations, finances and programs—while exercising considerable judgment and initiative with donors.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of EDF’s program work to effectively represent, through both written and oral communications, a wide array of regional, national, and global environmental programs to inspire donors to support EDF.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships within the Development department and with all levels of EDF staff.
- Utilize software and systems to track key metrics, prioritize activities and analyze portfolio status.
- Serve as a key contributor of Development team and accept responsibility for achieving assigned financial, cultivation and stewardship goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of six years’ demonstrated success and progressive responsibility in nonprofit fundraising, preferably with foundation donors.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity, discretion and quality standards; poise and comfort with donor interactions.
- High degree of proficiency working in a fast-paced, flexible, goal-oriented and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent planning, organization, time management and analytical skills; experience working with a team to successfully manage multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Capacity to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people; adept at building relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor tracking software (preferably Salesforce).
- Experience working in a non-profit institution of comparable complexity and scale, including the ability to work effectively with geographically-dispersed colleagues, is preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of Environmental Defense Fund.
- Ability to travel as needed.
for apply this job please follow this link :