The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 192-member National Societies. The organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. IFRC’s work is guided by seven Fundamental Principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality) and by Strategy 2020, which voices the organization’s collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that presently confront humanity.
As one of the five decentralized parts of the IFRC Secretariat, the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) leads the support to National Societies of 38 countries – including Indonesia – through eight Country Offices and five Country Cluster Support Teams. The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) in Jakarta is responsible for overseeing IFRC support to the National Societies of Indonesia and Timo-Leste, including in implementing humanitarian and development programmes that address the needs of vulnerable people, as well as representation to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Globally the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement have been for the first time in decades launched a global emergency appeal to support the work of the Movement globally.
Government of Indonesia has declared national emergency of non-natural disaster for Covid-19 on 14 March 2020. The government has increased its efforts in handling COVID-19 by issuing a presidential decree that mandates the formation of a COVID-19 accelerated handling task force, as well as the Health Minister’s decree on protocols for central government and regional administrations. Jokowi has released official Presidential Decree (Keputusan President) No.7/2020 to form the Covid-19 Task Force and appointed Head of BNPB (National Agency of Disaster Management) as National Commander.
The Indonesian Red Cross, one of the largest humanitarian organization in Indonesia, have been carry out their humanitarian services in respond to COVID-19 Pandemic in the country. To support the work of Indonesian Red Cross, the IFRC CCST for Indonesia and Timor Leste launched an appeal to support the PMI to enable the delivery of humanitarian assistance to reach at least 2,000,000 people (approximately 500.00 household) in priority Provinces.
The Finance Officer will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia directly support the work of Indonesian Red Cross (PMI).
Finance Officer (To be embedded in PMI)
Date of issue : 23– 10 – 2020
Closing date : 30 – 10 – 2020
Duty station : JAKARTA
Country : INDONESIA
Contract Duration : 6 (six) months
Category of Staff : National Staff
The Finance Officer will be based in Jakarta, reporting to IFRC COVID-19 Operation Manager with IFRC Corporate Services Manager and PMI Head of Finance.
The assigned person will directly work closely with PMI on overall delivery of financial and administrative support related to COVID-19 Operation specifically for funding support from IFRC and related back donors. The Finance Officer will ensure the propose use of resources according to established agreed procedures.
S/He will be embedded in the Finance Bureau of PMI and will support the finance team to manage and account for funding under IFRC’s support and other related program working with the various departments of PMI to ensure effective and efficient financial management of the operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Operation at PMI and IFRC side on preparing commitment & potential expenses on weekly basis
- Supporting PMI and IFRC on preparing summary of forecast on monthly basis for approval of PMI and IFRC
- Support the coordination (including with related PMI Provinces and branches), roll out, monitoring and evaluation of budget against project plan and ensure that activities are implemented according to the approved proposal, budget and timeline.
- Reconcile commitment from all departments
- Support the Operation Manager on budget revision cycle.
- Monitor the project/programme expenditure and ensure accurate accounting and authorization.
- Support preparation of documents for acquittals, providing final verification of the document to be approved within PMI to be submitted to IFRC
- Complete verification document template as per IFRC standard template
- Provide actual vs budget on each verified document
- Prepare on the financial documents (Payment request, Requisition, and Travel Request, etc) by ensuring that the correct procedures have been followed.
- Preparing actual expenses on fedbudget template on monthly basis
- Ensure financial reporting of PMI related to COVID are reconciled on monthly basis
- Ensure all contracts are validated from Financial point of view before getting signed at PMI side. This is in accordance with the latest agreed Federation – PMI procedure on Contracts and Agreements.
- Validate and reconcile individual contractor’s payments to ensure payments are in accordance with the agreement and completion of actual work.
- Providing input on weakness in the implementation of activities or finance procedures that may lead to potential loss to the overall operation if proper action is not taken.
- Providing briefing and refreshment related to the proper financial procedures according to the agreed PMI IFRC regulation.
- Provide working advance reconciliation with PMI on monthly basis
- Maintain validity Project Agreement between PMI & IFRCProvide provision list on December 2020 and follow up the progress of payment
- Provide all scanned document before store as monthly closing
- Professional /academic qualification in finance, accounting and administration services (min. graduation degree in commerce)
- Degree in accounting
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is Preferred
- Minimum 3 Years work experience in a finance or accounting and administrative roles
- Experience of working with Federation accounting and administrative systems is Preferred
- Experience of local commercial & contractual systems is Preferred
- Experience of project cycle using participatory methodologies is Preferred
- Experience in writing narrative and financial reports is Preferred
- Experience in Administration
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
- Knowledge and experience of CODA is Preferred
- Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Fluently spoken and written English is Preferred
How to Apply