Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Reporting to the Hub Finance Manager, North-West (NWS), the Finance Officer is responsible for the accounting and finance activities of the Hub according to HI financial processes and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations and local legislation in practice. The selected candidate will closely work with other shared service units (Logistics & HR), Hub project teams, and act as a focal point on partnership financial follow-up matters.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Objective 1: Implementation of financial procedures & framework
- Ensure that Humanity and Inclusion’s financial policies and procedures are respected;
- Check validity of invoices;
- Financial and accounting allocations;
- Validity of expenditures in terms of budget for HI and Partner Purchases;
- Support logistics and all the Hub operational and technical staff in all financial issues/difficulties;
- Maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions incurred by the Hub;
- Ensure the coordination with Bases Finance team for any need related (accounting, common invoices)
Objective 2: Cash flow Management
- Daily management of the cashbox;
- Prepare a weekly treasury planning in coordination with logistics and project teams;
- Prepare monthly schedule advances for the Logistics and ensure proper tracking of advances and prepare analysis and escalate the advances not settled in standard time to the management;
- Ensure that at all times sufficient cash is available to cover all costs and plan the withdrawal accordingly;
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing the monthly Cash request based on forecasted expenses at HI base and instalment calendar; to send it to Coordination for check and validation, adhering to the deadlines.
Objective 3: Accountancy
- Supervise and instruct the Finance team at bases for invoices translation and validation, cashbook preparation, accountancy copying, scanning, filing and sending to Coordination office and HQ (on request);
- Prepare all information necessary (budget allocation, payment reference)and realize the import in Navision;
- Realize monthly financial controls (Transfers’ pre-matching, 3rd party accounts pre-matching, validated cashbooks for all the accounts, monthly cash count and bank reconciliation) and send it to Coordination office;
- Close NAV at the end of the month (advance settlement, cash and bank balances) and prepare/submit all documents which must be signed by his/her line manager and send to the Coordination office;
- Send the finalized accountancy;
- Check and correct the accountancy according to feedback from the Coordination office and HQ (where required); Support the Finance Manager in internal and external audits as requested by the Compliance Unit.
Objective 4: Support Budget Monitoring
- Ensure the necessary support to the Finance Manager and the budget holders of HI expenditures (Area Coordinator, Logistics) of the base following their budget with the relevant tools;
- Assist the Finance Manager to fill and analyse the monthly forecast of expenditures (partners and HI expenses) and provide it to the Coordination office for check and consolidation at mission level.
Objective 5: Provide Support and Capacity Building to Base Finance teams
- Provide continuous support and training to the bases in ATM and ALS on the tasks related to Cash Flow Management (Petty Cash and Cashbook, advances);
- Support the Base/Line Managers to identify the need for internal or external training for the finance team members as necessary;
- Flag to the Base Managers and Budget Holders on any concern or issues related to the lack of respect of financial processes or procedures inside Syria and contribute to addressing these issues.
Note that this job description remains flexible to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the Line manager.
Educational Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related major.
3 to 5 years proved experience in a similar position
Strong Computer Skills, especially in excel datasheets.
Practical knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is preferred, other accounting system/software experience
Prior experience in NGOs/INGOs
Previous experience with Handicap International would be an asset
Experience in remote management would be an asset
Previous Knowledge of donors’ environment would be an asset
English Language proficiency is a must
As the position is involved in sensitive topics, he/ she must observed absolute discretion within and outside the organization. A non-respect of this clause might have immediate dismissal as a result.
HUMANITY AND INCLUSION PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS “HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL” IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM FEMALES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES.