The position will be in charge of accounting for Save the Children (SCI) and its partner expenses, handling function of payment in Country Office. This position is also responsible for supporting the function of accounting in HCM office. He/she should support Accounting and Partner Coordinator so as to ensure the integrity, transparency and timeliness of the expense data recognised in the system in line with General accounting principles, SCI policies and donor rules and regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Strictly follow steps in month end/year end checklist;
- Support Accounnting and Partner Coordinator in maintaining strong/healthy balance sheet and its management indicators;
- Be in charge of reviewing, verifying and recognising expenses implemented directly by HCM office;
- Handle the function of payment, ensuring payment to be correctly and timely made;
- Carry out reconciliation between physical stock and stock data recognised in the accounting system when required by Accounting and Partner Coordinator;
- Carry out Annual leave Reconciliation when required by Accounting and Partner Coordinator;
- Support Accounting and Partner Coordinator in montly payroll processing and payment at the month end;
- Do staff costs allocation at the month end;
- Calculate and process Final Payment for left staff;
- Support Accounting and Partner Coordinator in preparing monthly cash forecast to be submitted to ARO;
- Carry out the process of bank and cash reconciliation including for Ho Chi Minh Office, cash count at the month end;
- Support Accounting and Partner Coordinator to ensure bank authority arrangement to be updated timely when needed.
Internal Control Policies Development
- Support Accounting and Partner Coordinator in the process of SCI internal control policy development, rolling out and implementation (including but not limited to accounting policy, payment policy, cost norm, partner guidelines);
- Provide policy induction/training to staff so that staff can understand and apply correctly the policies;
- System Maintenance Tasks
- Agresso ( Financial Management System – FMS) is kept clean and accordance to Global Policy ensuring:
– New codes are created on timely basis.
– All users must have passwords to log into Agresso
– Data is backup as scheduled
– Budget code are correctly recorded in to FMS and appropriately charged into approved grant
– A central filling system is in place and easy to trace back
– All donor budgets are mapped with organisation’s code before posting to FMS.
- Calculate, declare and process payment of personal income tax for staff both national and international, or Foreign Contractor Tax in line with current law and regulations
- Support Accounting and Partner Coordinator to do year end tax finalisation and submit to tax authority in due time;
- Support Accounting and Partner Coordinator to ensure all Government policies, regulations with regard to PIT, Foreign Contractor Tax – FCT, VAT are strictly followed by SC.
- Support Accounitng an Partner Coordinator in tasks regarding VAT refund for projects, providing guidance to partners on this if required;
Staff and Budget Holder Training
- Provide capacity building for staff including training and development of financial skills for both finance and non-finance staff;
- Support budget holder training (Budget Holders induction, annual Budget Holder training, ad hoc Budget Holder training);
Support/Back up and other tasks
- In charge of filing of hard copies for accounting, payment documents;
- Support partner accounting when required (partner assessmet, training, reviewing partner financial report and advance);
- Back up FP&A team in task of budget phasing during forecast period when needed;
- Internal: Finance Manager, Finance and Support Services Director, Senior Management Team, Programme and Finance Staff
- External: Government Agencies, INGOs, donors, suppliers of goods and services
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant subject, MA is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7-10 years experience in financial management, preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese government system and international development arena
- Good financial management skill
- Have strong sense for compliance
- Having hand-on experiences in working with different accounting soft ware
- Proven knowledge and skills in staff management
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent prioritization skill and ability to coordinate a variety of work activities
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Proven commitment to children rights and equality of opportunity
- Good computer and IT skills
- Knowledge of Vietnam development issues and NGO networks
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location : Hanoi
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 27, 2021