Assistant Level AL-4
Kosovo Specialist Chambers/ Judicial Services Division/Victims Participation Office
Security Clearance Level:
EU SECRET or equivalent
Open to Contributing Third States:
The Finance Assistant reports to the Head of Victims Participation Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide financial assistance to the Victims Participation Office (VPO);
· To provide support with respect to the review, analysis and preparation of the VPO’s budget and its revisions;
· To assist the Head of Victims Participation Office in explanation of resource requirements for budget submissions;
· To monitor the expenditures, compare them with the approved budget and to assist in the finalisation of budget performance reports;
· To coordinate with the Finance and Budget Unit on related issues during preparation of budget reports;
· To implement payment policies by reviewing invoices, analysing allotments and reviewing and auditing work plans;
· To review financial balances and to prepare detailed reports regarding projected requirements;
· To review, log and track invoices and to update counsel allotment database;
· To liaise with the Head of VPO and the Head of Finance and Budget Unit to report on and clarify payment of invoices;
· To compile monthly expenditure reports to the management for reviewing;
· To update files and other documents/reports/guidelines relevant to the legal aid payment schemes;
· To assist with internal and external audits;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
Education and Experience:
· Level of secondary education attested by a diploma
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional experience.**
Specification of Education and Experience
· Proficiency in MS Office applications and in using information technology;
· Good sense of organisation, ability to identify priority assignments and activities and manage efficiently multiple tasks;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written;
· Tact, accuracy and discretion in handling of sensitive and confidential information;
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and/or cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
· Specialised training in finance and/or experience in legal aid administration;
· Knowledge of the EU financial rules and regulations, including budget procedures;
· Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo.
How to apply
Citizenship – The candidates must have Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
- For candidates from the EU Member States:
The online Application Form (Annex 2), including its Addendum (Annex 3 to be filled in manually and uploaded), shall be submitted via one of the following links:
1.1. For candidates seconded by their EU Member State:
1.2. For contracted candidates from EU Member States:
- For candidates from the Third Contributing States:
The Application Form (Annex 2), available on both the EEAS website and the website of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office, shall be sent to one of the following email addresses only:
2.1. For candidates seconded by their Third Contributing State:
Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC)
2.2. For contracted candidates from the Third Contributing States:
· Only one application form per applicant will be accepted, the latest received within the deadline or the one submitted through the National Authorities being given a priority. You can, however, apply for up to three positions using the same application form, also indicating your order of priority;
· The application form must be completed in English;
· Please ensure that every section of the form is completed accurately, as your application will be evaluated on the completeness and accuracy of all information provided by you in the application form;
· Applicants should assess, before submitting their application form, whether they fulfil all the requirements for admission laid down in the job description;
· Applicants from the EU Member States with queries relating to the online Application Form and/or encountering technical problems, should address their queries to: email@example.com(link sends e-mail).
· Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection procedure in due course by e-mail.
· Here is the link to the Privacy Notice.