Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager for the anticipated five year USAID-funded Liberia Youth Activity. This program will seek to enhance the readiness of Liberian youth for increased wage and self-employment. The Liberia Youth Activity will support market-driven, locally relevant educational and training opportunities that prepare young people to earn a livelihood and become productive members of society. The overall goal of the Activity will be to increase the economic self-reliance and resilience of targeted Liberian youth, with livelihoods development leading to increased incomes as the underlying theme.
Target beneficiaries of this program are urban and rural youth between the ages of 15-29 including the following:
- Youth with marginal literacy and vocational skills, working in the informal sector.
- Youth who have a primary or lower secondary level of basic education.
- Soon to graduate and unemployed college graduates seeking work in the private or public sectors.
The Finance and Administration Manager is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth.
- Ensure that the program meets all donor and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds, accountability and operations within the region
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments
- Monitor program budget and provide required reporting; maintain financial records for all program activities
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all financial management and procurement is conducted in compliance with HQ policy and U.S. government regulations
- Oversee all office expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles
- Liaise with HQ financial, compliance and field operations teams
- Other duties, as assigned
- A graduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field, OR a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a relevant field and two years of work experience (in addition to the four years of experience required below);
- Four years of experience in a supervisory role managing finance and administration of a donor funded activity;
- Experience and knowledge of USAID policies and business practices;
- Demonstrated extensive experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, and audit, as well as reporting on accruals, pipeline, and expense validation and reimbursement to service providers;
- Experience managing US government contracts (grants under contracts);
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
for apply please foolow this link :
Liberian nationals who meet these requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.