Who we are?
IDA is an international independent non-governmental organization providing medical and humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflicts, natural disasters and epidemics regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
IDA was founded in 2012 by Syrian doctors from Aleppo in response to the healthcare and humanitarian crisis in Syria.
IDA Syria is the main healthcare provider in the Northern Aleppo/Syria area, working closely with 500,000 IDPs and 700,000 host community through 20 healthcare facility and other health and nutrition projects
During last year, IDA has provided 1.2 million services in Heath, Nutrition, WaSH and Camp Management
- Maintain/update General Director’s Office calendar, diaries, and schedules.
- Draft correspondences & reports as requested.
- Schedule and manage the logistics (site selection, catering, hotel, transportation etc.) for in-person General Director’s meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Arrange, schedule and attend, when necessary, General Director Office’s meetings with Donors, Stakeholders, Board of Directors, etc. Prepare and distribute background materials as needed. Take minutes, finalize, and distribute approved versions and report on proceedings to absent members, as requested.
- Act as an interpreter in meetings when required, ensure accurate and concise translation (Arabic-English)
- Manage and perform complex and confidential administrative functions to ensure assigned Executive operations flow smoothly.
- Managing all incoming & outgoing correspondence & dissemination of information as appropriate.
- Represent the General Director and serve as a primary point of contact for the General Director as per need;
- Maintain electronic filing system, ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order.
- Manage projects and follow-up with relevant teams where required.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- B.A in Business Administration or other related fields with 2 years of experience
- Experience working within a humanitarian context;
- Experience in activities relating to specific sectors of humanitarian work.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential, both written and verbal. Turkish Language is an advantage
- Good IT skills, including Excel and Word.
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in North-West of Syria; North, North West of Aleppo & Idleb Governorate in particular
- Good standing and reputation in the community
- Experience in working with local partners;
- Experience in conducting assessments and monitoring activities;
Independent Doctors Association does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, and committed to acting professionally and ethically.
Independent Doctors Association is zero tolerable with any SEA case, IDA is creating the best environment to make sure that all staff have understood SEA and how to report in case there is any suspected case