CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
The client is undertaking a three-year project that aims to improve basic living conditions for returnees in the liberated rural areas of Al-Anbar governorate through the rehabilitation of up to 1,000 housing units and restoration of decentralized services. The decentralized services component will entail the provision of solar street lighting, the rehabilitation of selected community roads, and of water and sanitation networks and/or stations. When feasible, the rehabilitated housing units will be connected to the restored decentralized services taking into consideration the whole neighborhood. The rehabilitation of housing and basic services will be guided by a needs-based approach.
The functions/duties/key results of the assignment
The Electrical Engineer shall work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. The Electrical Engineer will give his/her technical expertise as required to manage and coordinate any designs assigned, supervision, commissioning and related documentation works. He/she is responsible for ensuring high-quality design, documentation, and site works are carried out on time and on or under budget. The tasks would involve the following but not limited to: ● Coordination and supervision of installation of the electrical services of projects; ● Assist the project team and logistics division in the procurement of electrical machinery and equipment; ● Assist contract division in preparing and evaluating of tender documents of electrical services (specifications, BOQs, rates, etc.); ● Design and produce electrical systemic drawings and scope of works; ● Review the design of electrical services of projects; ● Manage testing, commission, training and handover of electrical deliverables to clients.
Specifically, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the following substantive tasks:
● Review electrical systems designs for Infrastructure projects in terms of accuracy, suitability to overall design requirements, including identifying improvements in the designs and be able to propose practical solutions,
● Prepare electrical drawings including plans, sections, elevations, details, and other layouts as needed,
● Follow up the contractual obligation of the contractor/s on the site and secure the testing of the installed products in order to verify their quality as being an integral part of both design and manufacture.
● Strong ability in producing an electrical bill of quantities to international standards of the projects proposed,
● Ability to conduct Electrical assessment of building facilities, and electromechanical systems and produce report and corresponding estimates,
● Produce Auto CAD drawings according to stipulations. And ensure high-quality drawings that are accurate and that meet set deadline,
● Review the electrical bill of quantities in terms of accuracy and content,
● Site supervision and giving direction to contractors on all related electrical issues,
● Review and certify the submitted payment certificate,
● Approve electrical submittals and advice on suitable alterations,
● Prepare estimates and prices for new project development works,
● Knowledge of design and installation of Power Generators and supporting components.
● Knowledge of Electronic Lab equipment such as, oscilloscope & spectrum Analyzer.
● Keep files for all site memos and instructions, measured quantities of work and material on site,
● Follow contractors’ obligations of the contractors on site including inspections, testing, shop drawings review, quantity surveying.
Implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.Team management
● Ability to work to meet tight schedules under stressful environment and varied cultural context
● Good team player attitude
● Ability to perform work with professionalism, integrity and commitment to project demands
● Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
● Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written
● Demonstrated computer ability in using MS Office Suite.
● At least 5years of experience in electrical systems design and construction/ rehabilitation for medium to large scale construction projects in Iraq.
● Good knowledge in power distribution systems (single phase and three phase – conduit laying, wiring, installation of electrical works, fittings, etc.), lighting systems, fire alarm systems, industrial equipment control, testing and commission of electrical systems, and preparing of BOQs and supervision & monitoring of electrical works, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results preferably in an international development environment.
● Comprehensive knowledge in computer software, particularly “AutoCAD”.
● Work Experience with an international Organization and/or UN Agencies is an asset.