Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– EHU Field Hospital Operations Lead . The role is Home based with 70% International deployments, including remote and insecure locations
The EHU team is delivering high quality health interventions in some of the hardest places to work, where the needs for children are greatest. The purpose of the EHU Field Hospital Operations Lead is to support the strategic vision and operational planning of the EHUs field hospital capacity and capability. They will lead and manage any deployment modality that is requested or recommended to deploy from the field hospital resources (i.e. as the full or part modular units). This will include the relevant technical expertise required to support a successful deployment from the core team, roster and other partnerships.
An active deployment will include the initial assessment; to supporting the team to establish the infrastructure, ensuring timely construction of the relevant field hospital modular unit(s) deployed; and the provision of leadership to the team when delivering high-quality emergency health interventions. On withdrawal of the EHU they will develop the exit strategy and will oversee the coordination of a successful handover or close down of the facility and donation of equipment.
The post holder will also work with other senior managers of the EHU and wider Humanitarian team to support the EHU’s strategy development as part of the One Humanitarian team.
Reports to: Head of the Emergency Health Unit (and CD/CD designate during deployments)
Staff reporting to this post:
Direct: five staff, increasing when deployed
Budget Responsibilities: response budget up to $1,500,000
The EHU Field Hospital Operations lead will line manage the core field hospital team, which includes logistical, operations and medical staff. They will work alongside the EHU Operations Leads and other team members, such as the EHU Head of Supply Chain, Pharmacy Advisor, MEAL Advisor, the Head of EHU, the EHU Head of Operations, the Senior Humanitarian Health Advisor and Global Medical team.
They will also work with Save the Children’s regional humanitarian health, WASH and nutrition advisors, to discuss potential and emerging health needs and support with technical expertise for deployments. The Operations Lead will also collaborate with the Regional Ops Directors and Emergency Directors and work closely with the Country Office staff and Humanitarian Surge personnel.
On a day to day operational and program management basis, they will have a close working partnership with the Field Hospitals Operation Manager, to optimise the coordination and drive of the field hospital activities.
They will also be the WHO Emergency Medical Team (EMT) focal point and work to ensure that the EHU field hospital capacities and capabilities meet the WHO EMT expected minimum standards
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The proposed role would suit an experienced humanitarian health professional (MD, Nurse, Midwife) who is invested in delivering quality humanitarian health programming, driven by humanitarian principles. The post-holder will work very closely with technical colleagues, operations experts and country office teams to ensure delivery of quality acute emergency health service provision to communities, families and children in greatest need. There will be an opportunity to develop and grow in this role, with frequent interaction within the organisation and with the wider humanitarian community.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Extensive experience of establishing field hospitals, emergency humanitarian health programmes in both chronic and rapid-onset emergencies including during the first phase of the response, including strong knowledge of health cluster and humanitarian architecture and systems.
- Specific experience of working in one or more relevant areas; outbreaks, emergency health interventions.
- Experience of undertaking representational duties with WHO, donors and partners and ministries of health at project and country level.
- Experience of security management responsibility of a team in insecure environments, with a strong understanding of current international affairs and geopolitical dynamics.
- Substantial experience of creating, planning and managing proposals and budgets, including good understanding of donor compliance with a particular focus on FCDO (DFID), ECHO, BHA (USAID), OFDA
- Good understanding of the essential principles and reality of emergency supply chain operations, and commitment to ensuring strong integration and communication between supply chain and programme design and planning before and during a deployment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Capacity to consider both short term and longer term strategic, operational and tactical needs
- Wide viewpoint to keep up to date on broader SCI initiatives which could have future benefits or advocacy opportunities for EHU
- Highly developed leadership and management competencies
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision-making skills and a can do attitude
- Ability to absorb, interpret and leverage global policies from a variety of sources (finance, awards, compliance, legal, operational) and succinctly summarise and adapt them.
- Experienced and proficient in writing clear and targeted reports, critiques and evidence-based analyses to a variety of audiences
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date, understanding principles of data management
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deploy to overseas locations at very short notice
- Ability to work in and maintain a positive team dynamic in insecure environments
- Strong and engaging inter-personal skills to build and maintain relationships with a range of varied teams and departments globally
- Ability to reflect on and learn from personal and programme performance and act upon lessons learnt.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Proficiency in a 2nd Language such as French, Spanish, Swahili or Arabic
- Knowledge and experience of the WHO EMT Initiative and minimum standards
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 30 June 2021
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất