Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party-Technical position on a USAID-funded program Indonesia. The 5-year USAID-funded program seeks to help Indonesia achieve its development goal of reducing marine plastic pollution by improving urban waste management through public institution strengthening and private sector partnerships.
The DCOP-Tech will be responsible for overseeing effective coordination and technical integration of activities during project implementation. S/he will work with the COP to provide the overall technical vision to the program and ensure quality and timely achievement of all project outcomes. The DCOP-Tech will likely support integration of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), gender equity and social inclusion (GESI), and adaptive management into technical activities. S/he will liaise with government officials, private sector partners, and communities, as needed. This would be a full-time position, based in Indonesia for the life of project (anticipated five years).]
* Oversee planning, coordination, and day to day implementation of technical activities in partnership with technical team members and the COP;
* Provide technical expertise and support annual activity work planning and adaptive management of Activity as needed in accordance with the Activity’s objectives and targets;
* Assist in coordinating Activity implementation, providing support to personnel and subcontractor management, and efficient budgeting and financial management, as needed;
* Oversee technical activities and ensure interventions align with targets as set in the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan;
* Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
* Evaluate and document Activity progress and lessons learned;
*Serve as the interim COP when the COP is not available; and
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management, ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in waste management, recycling, urban planning, democracy and governance, or another relevant field;
* At least (7) seven years of experience working on marine waste management, solid waste management, municipal management, service delivery, hydrology/water resources, public policy and governance, conservation finance, sustainable livelihoods, urban planning, and/or other relevant technical areas for donor-funded projects in Indonesia or another South East Asia country;
* At least five (3) three years in a director- or manager-level position, leading complex environment programming in an international development project context, with USAID experience strongly preferred;
* Proven track record managing and coordination collaboration among multi-disciplinary development program teams and stakeholders (including national-level governments, the private sector, local organizations);
* Strong understanding of the Government of Indonesia structure and operations, with direct experience working at different levels of government.
* Proven experience fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and integrating social inclusion with women, youth, and other vulnerable populations in project activities; and
* Professional fluency in English and Bahasa is required.
* Indonesia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
How to Apply
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPTechIndonesia
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.