EnCompass seeks Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Lebanon (MELL), support activity in Lebanon. The purpose of this Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activity is to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff; and to verify, monitor and support USAID program performance in Lebanon.
In addition to supporting the COP in providing overall leadership, management, and technical direction, the DCOP is responsible for activity’s administration and operations, including personnel management, including the field monitors, ensuring proper training for them.
We are looking for someone who can facilitate learning and build relationships, with high political acumen and strong conflict prevention and management skills. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in performance monitoring data and program analysis for the improvement of ongoing project management. S/he will understand how to foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning and will maintain high self-awareness and personal improvement skills.
The position will be full-time and be based in Beirut with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The DCOP will support the Activity, providing technical guidance to and support supervising both international and national staff and consultants.
Essential functions include:
- Assist COP in performance management systems, financial management, and timely completion and submission of all activity deliverables
- Responsible for day to day supervision of staff and resources of activities under the contract
- Coordinates work with local subcontractors and evaluation staff
- Coordinates with local staff of USAID implementing partners, Regional Lebanese Government officials, academics, donors and stakeholders
- Assists with overseeing and coordinating the staff training and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors
- Indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and/or performance monitoring and/or reporting
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with regional governments, USAID/Lebanon and USAID/Washington as required, along with relevant in-country stakeholders
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience in similar positions is required.
- An advanced university degree in economics, project management, business/financial management, or a relevant field.
- Managerial and operational experience, and preferably experience in supporting complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management.
- Former supervisory experience is required
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English skills, Arabic desirable
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in non-permissive, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments is required
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills are required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices, M&E design and principles
- Familiarity with USAID/Lebanon is preferred
- Ability to travel within Lebanon, as necessary