Use your expertise and leadership experience in an international development or humanitarian organisation to help shape the vital work and future development of CBM Global Disability Inclusion; a dynamic, newly-formed INGO working alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives.
We are seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial Country Director, who will be responsible and accountable for CBM Global’s strategy and operations in Nigeria, and can deliver the organisation’s mission and vision.
CBM Global is a dual mandate organisation, practicing and promoting disability inclusion in development and humanitarian contexts. As the leader of the country team, the Country Director has a central and strategic role within CBM Global. Success requires:
· Leading and building a high-performing, diverse team;
· Inspiring and aligning this team and other internal stakeholders behind a clearly articulated strategy for the country programme;
· Developing and winning support for a growing portfolio of programme work;
· Developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders that are critical to success.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also have lived experience of disability and/or knowledge of disability issues, and be passionate about effective change for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities.
Salary and benefits will be competitive.
Drawing on over 100 years’ experience and driven by Christian values, CBM Global works with the most marginalised in society to:
• Break the cycle of poverty and disability;
• Treat and prevent conditions that lead to disability; and
• Build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human right and achieve their full potential.
We work in over 20 countries, investing in long-term, authentic partnerships with the Disability Movement and multiplying our impact by delivering a combination of inclusive community-based programmes, advocacy for national and global policy change and inclusion advice to other organisations.